Bootleg Merchandise Monterrey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Fan

War Child
Amazing that everywhere you turned outside the venue there was bootleg merchandise. It was insane at Gate 11. It reminded me of going to Summer Sanitarium in 2000 in Baltimore. Instead of a big hot dog fight, it was pillows, coates, food, bottles being thrown everywhere in the GA line.

Unfortunately, this incident may make U2 rethink about coming back to the area for at least another seven years!

Very sad indeed. :tsk:

I thought that they had avoided there on the Elevation Tour because on Popmart 1 of their secruity guards was assulted. I may be wrong, though.

"U2 swore never to return to Mexico, after the incident when the controversial tour security manager of Pop Mart, Jerry Mele was severely injured in a confrontation with members of Mexico's presidential security. All agree that Mr. Mele tried to block the backstage movement of an entourage lead by the son of the President of Mexico.
Mr. Mele’s apparent inflexible stance, particularly noteworthy since he was a foreigner, not only infuriating the presidential security detail--responsible for the safety and security of a member of the country’s first family--but of turning an inconvenient situation into an international incident. Mr. Mele paid a heavy price for not recognizing the implications of his actions."

Source:Crowdcafe

# 38 in line, #18 at Gate 13. Somehow managed to get front row dead center. I do not know where the other 15 people in front of me went to? Maybe the bathroom or the B stages.

Super_Fan said:
Amazing that everywhere you turned outside the venue there was bootleg merchandise. It was insane at Gate 11. It reminded me of going to Summer Sanitarium in 2000 in Baltimore. Instead of a big hot dog fight, it was pillows, coates, food, bottles being thrown everywhere in the GA line.

That is insanity and not something I would want to be around.:ohmy:

Re: Re: Bootleg Merchandise Monterrey

Carek1230 said:

That is insanity and not something I would want to be around.:ohmy:

actually a friend of mine was there with his girlfriend and said it was hilarious, I was at gate 13 and we could see the things being thrown out in the air, and hear the laughter and from what he told me it was all in good fun

Super_Fan said:

bootleg merchandise has a lot of products much better than official ones.

;)

GATE 11 at Monterrey was very funny, minutes before entering the stadium they start throwing pillows, then toilet papers all over and then some crackers or cookies they were giving away at the entrance, was real fun for an stressfull day, also everyone was cheering a guy with a mexican hat to throw it around with the promise it will get back to him, obiously he didn't left the hat off his head.
Was very very funny, suddenly everyone stoped, when the law get in ;) ....

About bootleg merchandise, well it was amazing and yeah somethings are better than official ones, more creative, carved and printed mugs, embroided sweatshirts, caps, dozen of T-Shirt models, scarfs... wow!!! very nice scarfs awsome scarfs I should said.
In Mexico City I bought every scarf model and about 10 mugs, I couldn't carry more so I couldn't buy more....
Did I metioned the beer tars?? and the tequila glass shoots!!! wow, amazing!!!

Even better than the real thing!!!!!!!!

You should wait hours to buy in the official store (I bought my offical T and poster) it was easier to buy in bootleg merchandise.
AMAZING!!!!

Last edited:
Jamila said:
Unfortunately, this incident may make U2 rethink about coming back to the area for at least another seven years!

Very sad indeed. :tsk:

What incident??? And why won't they be back?

luchitox said:
"U2 swore never to return to Mexico, after the incident when the controversial tour security manager of Pop Mart, Jerry Mele was severely injured in a confrontation with members of Mexico's presidential security. All agree that Mr. Mele tried to block the backstage movement of an entourage lead by the son of the President of Mexico.
Mr. Mele’s apparent inflexible stance, particularly noteworthy since he was a foreigner, not only infuriating the presidential security detail--responsible for the safety and security of a member of the country’s first family--but of turning an inconvenient situation into an international incident. Mr. Mele paid a heavy price for not recognizing the implications of his actions."

I'm sorry, but that wan't the reason they dind't played here in the last tour. Yes, that incident happened and Bono and the band were very upset at the moment, but he (bono) said many times that it wasn't the reason and that it was absurd to think that.

pablovi said:

I'm sorry, but that wan't the reason they dind't played here in the last tour. Yes, that incident happened and Bono and the band were very upset at the moment, but he (bono) said many times that it wasn't the reason and that it was absurd to think that.

SOURCE: Crowdcafe

I don't know what the hell happened there 9 years ago, I just posted why I found on the internet.

But whatever shit happened 9 years ago it fucked up the whole possibility of bringing the Elevation Tour to latinamerica.

luchitox said:

SOURCE: Crowdcafe

I don't know what the hell happened there 9 years ago, I just posted why I found on the internet.

But whatever shit happened 9 years ago it fucked up the whole possibility of bringing the Elevation Tour to latinamerica.

I know that was your source I was just calrifying, and no wht happpend that night did not ufcked up the possibility of Elevation in Latin America, that was a bussiness decision.

Back
Top Bottom