Bono spent about 20 mins outside at msg/nyc GA line....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
............ tho I didn't get to meet him proper :grumpy: and had to watch other women giving kisses to him :madspit: :wink:, it was quite amazing/nice.
I was half a person behind others and when there's THAT many people .....it's a tricky effort.

His van pulled inside the metal barracades they set up. Then it stopped so folks were like :huh: - holding their breaths to see what would happen next. He got out and walked down the line then skipped {metaphorically} back up to the first quarter. The line was close to a short Manhattan block long about 2 - 3or 4 person deep.

Other than a very small amount of sqealing everyone BEHAVED thenmselves! Thank goodnes!
SO his people kept quietly letting him stay with him rather than either THEY wanting him to leave Or he getting scared off and wanting to leave.

He looked great. He said something to the young woan {in a wheelchair} , i didn't really catch it...possibly something about his voice....but that I think he said something like.... "more spunky" {but my hearing :( isn't the greatest <birthdefect PLUS :uhoh: being further demoted by Live R&R> }...on Sat.

I haven't had the time yet to read the setlist stuff as I was at the Sat show and I thought he be missed just a couple of higher notes- going for the lower register instead, BUT I hadn't {i have no MP3 player} heard the Live Miss Sarejvo till just this past Sat and had NO idea that he iddid the more Operatic parts.
I was floored as to how exquiste he sounded....... THey all are sounding incredible and I love Edge doing some singing solo parts and duets.

dat's my report for now :D.

Last edited:
Sounds like what they did in Boston last Tuesday. Edge, Adam, and Bono all came out individually to meet and greet the fans. I had my ticket signed by all three.

I'll tell you, for their station in life these guys are friendly beyond belief. I am so proud to be a fan. Yes, they are rock stars...but they don't play the role. Whether it's the Irish in them or what, their Boston meet-and-greet impressed me.

As for Larry, well, he's from a whole 'nother place. We NEVER see him :-(

NHChris said:

He rolled down his window about two inches as he arrived at MSG on 10/7 and waved at the crowd.:wink:

NHChris said:
Sounds like what they did in Boston last Tuesday. Edge, Adam, and Bono all came out individually to meet and greet the fans. I had my ticket signed by all three.

I'll tell you, for their station in life these guys are friendly beyond belief. I am so proud to be a fan. Yes, they are rock stars...but they don't play the role. Whether it's the Irish in them or what, their Boston meet-and-greet impressed me.

Yay Dazzled!! Thanks for the story. :)

There were a group of about 7 or 8 of us who got to meet Larry in Toronto. It was incredible. :) He wasn't overly talkative (ala Bono), but there were still very friendly vibes, and he spent time signing and posing for pictures with all of us. :)

oh.... this makes me so sick! we waited and waited but left about 5:20.. must have just missed him! nothing can make me leave tomorrow - hopefully he comes out!

oh no! i know! but just because i didn't want to dance with him.. actually, i would have danced - i just couldn't stand there and hug though... keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

VintagePunk said:

Yay Dazzled!! Thanks for the story. :)

There were a group of about 7 or 8 of us who got to meet Larry in Toronto. It was incredible. :) He wasn't overly talkative (ala Bono), but there were still very friendly vibes, and he spent time signing and posing for pictures with all of us. :)

did you post the larry pics?? Would love to see them !!

this was all very surprising, really... it was so late... around 5:30, and i really thought the crowd was waiting for a moment that had already passed... or even if they hadn't showed up yet, considering how it was already 5:30 i figured they'd just speed right through and into the arena.

but low and behold, the denali pulls up, it's bono in the front seat, and he tells the driver to stop... and he gets out... and walks the line... for at least 20 minutes, if not a full half hour. unreal... what a guy to do that. he really didn't have to considering the massive size of the crowd and how late they were.

here's a pic of him from before the show...

bonomsg.JPG

Does anyone have pics from bono's arrival before the concert 10-10? It was my first time ever meeting Bono!!!!!! Did anyone get pics of this?????---tattooboy's MOM

very late...but I hope not too late.... to ask for a few pictures from Bono outside the MSG before the third show?

I tried to make a photo but I couldn't get it right. I was too excited !

@Headache in Suitcase
Do you have more pictures from Bono and the fans? I'm no premium member (or whatever) so I can't send you a private message.

@Headache in a Suitcase

I know that picture already from another thread.

I asked for MORE pictures :)

Nevertheless thanks for this. It's a great (huge or big?! I'm German, I don't know exactly) one.

OMG..in this photo..he was talking to ME:.my dear GOD..I got some more..I will post right away..oh my dear LORD..I can not believe thiis :)

THANK you so much..oh..the irish hat..was from my mate Hugo :)

Back
Top Bottom