Bono pics Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hang out by the loading dock (Nashua Street I believe) between 2 and 5. But being December, I dunno if they will come out to meet with fans or not. Too cold. But they Irish....

SMB

best seats/GA spots in Boston?

Sorry, I'm new to this forum. I'm still trying to get tickets for one of the Boston shows (through Ebay.) Can anyone tell me how the "ellipse people" are selected; is it random/luck? And how early do you have to be there to get a good standing position (even if you're not in ellipse)?

Also, if I don't have a good chance getting close on the floor, I would want to get seats instead; does anyone know how far the ellipse reaches out in Boston; for example:to middle of section 22? or farther; like middle of section 12?

Thanks so much for your help!!

This is the first time I've tried to post pics and it doesn't seem to be working. I put them in the "browse" area and they seem to be there, but don't show up on the post. Any suggestions?

You need a floor ticket for a chance to get in the Ellipse. Once you enter the arena, they scan you and give you a wristband, this is just to get in. You go up some stairs and there are some tables and laptops set up. They scan your ticket again and if the Vertigo logo pops up, you are in. You are allowed to bring 1 person in with you. It appears to be random, sometimes 2 tickets in a row go off, sometimes there are 10 tickets in between...I haven't figured it out. Hope that helps.

Questions on Camera Use...

Just a few quick questions for you photography experts on here! :)

After seeing all your awesome pictures from Boston on this thread (I'm very impresses!!), I would like to take a camera to the concert, too.

Did you take the pictures with flash; or is it bright enough most of the time?

Obviously people are able to “smuggle” cameras in, and when you look at the DVD it seems like lots of people are taking pictures without getting in trouble.

But does anyone know if security gets angry when you use a flash?

Thanks!
PK

PK,

If you are on the floor near the outside of the ellipse or inside the ellipse.. I would NOT USE A FLASH! Imagine having thousands of flashes going off in your eyes! It's not very kind to the boys. If you are using a film camera use a faster speed. Like 800 film. That way with the lighting and movement you will get a better picture. If you are using a digital camera change your settings to the sports mode, higher shutter speed, i.e. ISO to about 400. Fstop to somewhere around f3.9 I think. Also, if you have an auto stabilization mode on the camera use it due to everyone/all the movement around you it's hard to keep the camera still. You won't need a flash if you are able to manipulate the settings on your camera.

Another note: U2 Management's Policy on Cameras are they are allowed except for professional cameras with detachable lens. I would check with venue staff and make sure they are aware of this and to make sure they will allow cameras. Lot of times the two groups don't communicate policies to each other so venue staff has said no to cameras but then had to be corrected on the matter. For example, back in April at Staples Center in LA, on the first nite of two nites venue staff made everyone take their cameras back and were not allowing them due to them being unaware of U2's policy. The next nite they allowed cameras.

Last edited:
thanks!

U2Fanatic4ever: Thanks so much for the great tips!! But I only have a one-time use digital camera to take right now (and can't make any adjustments on it) so I'll just wait for good light and hope for the best... (I'm in an awesome seat though (section 21), so I should be able to hold the camera still.)

Thanks!
PK

i brought my pro cam on elevation - never had an issue...

hoping to meet someone after 20+ yrs of fandom, 4 tours seeing them, etc.

I'm heading up early with the hope that they MIGHT come out and maybe shake some hands. It's snowing pretty hard out, though... :sigh:

Still psyched for the show! Third one this tour and it never gets easier to handle the excitement!:wink:

they did not meet or stop on 12/4...

I left early cus my body was killing me and missed bad...

which is maddening, but the amount of the show i saw put it as the best of the tour...period.

thanks and a huge shout out to steph for letting me closer to the barricade on nashua - and rena for being super cool...

Back
Top Bottom