Bono & The Paul McGuinness Impersonator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
To understand my story from last night, first you must get the background information. Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia, Tony... "Tono," if you will, of The Unforgettable Fire was invited to the VIP tailgate party before the Wachovia Center show, where he bumped into none other than Paul McGuinness. They talked for about 20 minutes, took a few pictures, and were on their merry way.

t&p.jpg

Fast forward now to the back of the GA floor at Continental Airlines Arena. Tony and your Esteemed Director didn't feel like waiting all day on the GA line, so were hoping for a little luck, perhaps a string or two to be pulled, to get us into the ellipse. Well that didn't happen, so we just hung out by the sound booth instead. A few songs in, right as Into The Heart is ending and Beautiful Day is beginning, who should venture towards the VIP section (located in front of the sound booth) then none other than Paul McG himself. He spots Tony and comes over to us... ok... comes over to him. I just happened to be with. Anyhoo... Paul talks to us for a few seconds, then reaches into his pocket, fumbling around with some wristbands that he hands to myself, Tony and Tony's girlfriend Dawn, saying only "here.. go into the heart." He waves, shakes our hands, and walks into the VIP section.
So we're all jumping up and down... we rush over to the entrance to the ellipse...
... where we're immediately shot down by the security guard. Paul gave us the wrong wrist bands... the ones we already had, not the ones that light up under the backlight. We attempt to tell the guy that Paul McGuinness gave them to us, to which he gave a sarcastic look and said something along the lines of "yea right... " and told us to go back to the main floor.
Needless to say... if Paul McGuinness himself can't get you into the Ellipse, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

NJ9a.jpg

seen unforgettable fire a bunch of times in mcgilligans in yonkers and have even given tono a few u2 bootlegs ...they kick ass and its crazy to see how people react to him when hes onstage signing and doing all the mannerisms bono does...there site is www.uf2.com

Last edited:
Needless to say... if Paul McGuinness himself can't get you into the Ellipse, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Hmmm. He gave me one, but it was really late and they had already put away the blacklights. I have a blacklight at home, I should check it out....If McGuinness is giving out bad wristbands, someone ought to tell him lol.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia, Tony... "Tono," if you will, of The Unforgettable Fire was invited to the VIP tailgate party before the Wachovia Center show, where he bumped into none other than Paul McGuinness.

Paul Mcguinness was tailgaiting :lol:

Back
Top Bottom