Best song from San Diego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Which song did you like the best during the show?

i would say that vertigo surprises me, much better than the studiosong, and a great electric co...:wink:

running to stand still from the audio i downloaded.. it fondly reminds me of running to stand still/dirty day/can't help falling in love from zoo tv sydney

an cat dubh & love and peace were probably the biggest surprises though in terms of kicking ass... and the bullet ending too

THE ELECTRIC CO.!

Holy shit, that's one amazing song, I'm so glad it's back.

I was pretty damn impressed with the whole presentation of of Sometimes You Cant.. Simply song, but the lighting in the strands really tied it all together. I was very dissapointed in Streets, seemed like a very stagnant performance. Bono stood center stage pretty much the whole time.

Believe it or not, I'd say Yahweh. I didn't care for it much on the album, but it sounded rather beautiful live. Nothing else on the setlist really matched up to earlier versions that I've heard from the past, IMHO - but Yahweh was a pleasant surprise.

So many great songs:

I'd narrow it down to:
Electric Co.
Running to Stand Still
One (for the extended ending)
Streets (for the emotion of the performance, with the Africa references)

Based on one listen online (I wasn't there), Some Songs that gave me goosebumps or shivers or made me cry or sing or get simply amazed by the remix:
-Electric Co.
-Miracle
-Love and Peace
-Bullet
-Running
-Fly
-Streets
-Yahweh
ooooohhh "i miss you when you're not around"

Running To Stand Still. Unbelievably beautiful.

I have to tell you, I was amazed how great they performed Electric Co. and An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart twenty or so freaking years later. They nailed those two exactly the way they nailed them back then. It gives me chills.

Incredible!

On the negative side...and I'd rather not focus on this...but, here goes...

I was disappointed in Streets. Bono is getting lazy with Streets. Something tells me they feel they HAVE to play this every show forever, but if Bono is bored with it, he doesn't do it justice. They should give it a break rather than make it die a painful death. I can't believe I'm saying this...

Maybe the feeling was different if you were there, but audio-only was a disappointment.

But the whole show was amazing, otherwise, and it may well have been their best opener.

clerks said:
Which song did you like the best during the show?

Since I wsa there, I'm letting the visual performance affect my judgement maybe, but the highlight was LAPOE

Bono on drums was a huge surprise.

Running to Stand Still was amazing and there were a lot of other great moments but i must say that Miracle Drug continues to prove itself as one of my favorites on the album and now, live!

hearing the crowd sing the chorus to yahweh gave me goosebumps. What a beautiful and powerful song.

Back
Top Bottom