All Barcelona Pics and Experiences - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Barcelona Pictures

not the best pictures but something to get you by

as for the concert... best thing I've seen in my life I was quite away from the stage but it was just simply amazing, Like most of you I had my doubts about the setlist but it works great, many of us would put to rest songs like pride, new year's day and bullet, some even one and streets but they are staples, well actually in bullet many people sat for a bit, but if there is a song where the edge really shines, it's this one, so for the next 2 or 3 tours if we are lucky we might just accept it and enjoy them

I love the beatles snippets, in BD, sgt peppers, here comes the sun and black bird I thought he usually only included one song
and if I'm correct in the 2nd vertigo birthay for the edge. As for the 2nd Vertigo I never had a real problem instead of seeing it as a song taking the place of another song I just saw it as an extra, and it works fantastic people got into it more than as the opening song.

Miss Sarajevo... just speechless, Bono is amazing I was mad that we were not going to get Running to Stand Still but this song makes up for it in my opinion

as for other details when bono mentioned edge's birthday he said edge was from the future and he was our gift, in I still haven't found what i'm looking for he had all the crowd singing the chorus for like 2 min, amazing hearing 80,000-100,000 people singing along, edge received fromo bono a shirt from the spain soccer team which he put on for the last songs, party girl included a snippet of get up, stand up.

As for the crowd just amazing this is as close as it gets as the mexican crowd,(or latin crowd, although I've heard the italian crowd is as loud) they completely give into the band no hesitation, the band was quite amazed by the crowd reaction

Old 08-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #2
Refugee

ok, so I can't put them in here, just go here and at the bottom enter U2

http://photobucket.com/albums/y2/chinozd/

Old 08-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:31 PM
Wow, that place is huge!

Thank you for the pics and the review .
Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 01:31 PM
The size of the crowd is amazing!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:31 AM
YAY! THANKS!

aammmazing
Old 08-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Old 08-08-2005, 03:26 AM   #7
The Fly

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Re: Barcelona Pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo
as for the concert... best thing I've seen in my life I was quite away from the stage but it was just simply amazing

Miss Sarajevo... just speechless, Bono is amazing

as for other details when bono mentioned edge's birthday he said edge was from the future and he was our gift
First things first I felt as overwhelmed as you did by the great power to communicate that these four men have.

It was my first U2 concert. I know memory plays tricks on you, but there are a few moments of what I saw and felt yesterday that I will struggle to keep alive. One of them is the image of Bono, shades off, delivering Miss Sarajevo, tears rolling down his face.

And then, the Edge's birthday celebration, as great a gift for us as for him.

Thanks for the pics!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:36 AM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:31 PM
BARCELONA 7/8/05 by U2 Spain

Hello! I'm back from an amazing concert. First of all forgive me if i make mistakes writing in english.

It ws my first U2 concert and was completely FUCKIN AMAZING. An standard setlist?? yes, but when you're in a U2 concert you don't matter about that.

I arrived at the stadium at 4pm and there were miles of people waiting on line ( the GA i guess) but the people like me that had seated places in the third level we had to enter through te same gate so i had to wait in line too!!!

At 7pm i was still outside the stadium. The people became very nervous and started to whistle and complain shouting "fuera, fuera". Kaiser Chiefs were playing inside.

Unfortunately i entered in the stadium at 8 pm and i could see Keane playing.
After that the PA setlist: radiohead, david bowie, Modest Mouse,... and Arcade Fire !! U2 was about to get in the stage!!

Vertigo: short version, I think that Bono shoouted the "1,2,3,14" in catalan language but I'm not sure about that.

I will follow: as usual.

Electric co: bono adds bullet with butterflies snippet and a snippet unknow for me at the end ( not I can see for miles )

New year's day: amazing. The first classic of the night. The people going nuts!!

* I don´t remember in which song but Bono sang Happy Birthday to the edge.

Beautiful day: three Beatles snippets ( sgt peppers, here comes the sun and blackbird)

I still haven´t found what I'm looking for: excellent as usual.

* the skip all I want is you

City of blinding lights: the big screen starts to work and an excellent performance.

In the beginning of the concert Bono tries to speak in catalan during some songs, also I remember that he says "what a great bithday gift", " barcelona is sexy", "amazing people",...

Miracle Drug: bono starts talking about The Edge. Bono tells that Edge comes from the future and he have come here to met us ( as starman i guess ), Edge has told Bono that in the future the scientifics have discovered the cure for Aids, malaria, cancer,...and Bono dedicates the song to the doctors, scientifics and nurses that try to defeat those illness.

Sometimes : dedicated to Bob. Bono tells something about his father doing opera with his mother needles.

Love and peace or else: Great performance.

Sunday bloody sunday: Bono grab a catalonia flag and wraps himself in the flag. No more included and Bono talks about coexist: "cataonia and spain coexist"

Bullet the blue sky: johnny marching home and the hands that built america snippets.

Miss Sarajevo: the most emotional song of the night because the opera part is amaziiinggg. The Bono's voice is in a very good level in this tour. Its not the same tha voice you hear in a bootleg than the voice you hear in a live concert.

Pride: the stadium is crazy!!!

Streets: even more crazy!!

One: "dou you hear us lord" part included. At the end Bono continues playing the guitar but he did't sing "can't help falling in live" or "she's a mystery to me". He sings "oeoeoeoeoe" with the crowd and playing some cords on the guitar.

Zoo station: very rockin.

The fly: very rockin too.

With or without you: when the "uuuu" parts is coming Bono lift a girl on the stage but after that he has some problems to make the girl leave the stage. The girl is very excited and jumps all the time waving to the crowd.

All because of you: as usual in this tour.

After all because of you Bono tells "we're gonna try something" and gives a Barcelona soccer shirt to Edge as a birthday gift. Its the t-shirt of Ronaldinho ( number 10) and Ege wears it in the last two songs ( party girl and Vertigo 2 ). In this time in party girl Bono didn´t say "i know i boy called the edge" as he did in Elevation Barcelona. In party girl Edge plays and spanish guitar and Bono opens a champan bottle.

THE END
Old 08-08-2005, 05:07 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Re: BARCELONA 7/8/05 by U2 Spain

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Spain
Hello! I'm back from an amazing concert. First of all forgive me if i make mistakes writing in english.

It ws my first U2 concert and was completely FUCKIN AMAZING. An standard setlist?? yes, but when you're in a U2 concert you don't matter about that.

I arrived at the stadium at 4pm and there were miles of people waiting on line ( the GA i guess) but the people like me that had seated places in the third level we had to enter through te same gate so i had to wait in line too!!!

At 7pm i was still outside the stadium. The people became very nervous and started to whistle and complain shouting "fuera, fuera". Kaiser Chiefs were playing inside.

Unfortunately i entered in the stadium at 8 pm and i could see Keane playing.
After that the PA setlist: radiohead, david bowie, Modest Mouse,... and Arcade Fire !! U2 was about to get in the stage.[IMG]http--imgfa.ubbi.com-38-000189938-1694106_429_322.jpgp=10964602[/IMG]

U2 Spain...hi I´m in Barcelona. I arrived at the stadium at 5.30, and was inside, in a great spot on the barrier just outside the bomb shelter on Adam´s side by 6pm. I could have got in the bomb shelter but it looked very crowded. Why were you lining up so long? I had GAs and entered by access 4.
What a fantastic show. That was the best I´ve seen. The band loved the crowd. The football chant was such a great experience for all of us. Did you enjoy Miss Sarajevo?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:20 AM   #10
Acrobat

I think you were lucky. The organization ( Doctor music ) was a complete chaos !!

Miss Sarajevo was
Old 08-08-2005, 05:28 AM   #11
War Child

"Pride: the stadium is crazy!!!"

It's nice to read this. And some bashers don't want this song anymore....
Old 08-08-2005, 05:52 AM   #12
Refugee

Re: Re: Barcelona Pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by Circe

First things first I felt as overwhelmed as you did by the great power to communicate that these four men have.

It was my first U2 concert. I know memory plays tricks on you, but there are a few moments of what I saw and felt yesterday that I will struggle to keep alive. One of them is the image of Bono, shades off, delivering Miss Sarajevo, tears rolling down his face.

And then, the Edge's birthday celebration, as great a gift for us as for him.

Thanks for the pics!!!
Well hopefully will get the bootleg soon, so memories won't be easy forgotten, I didn't notice Bono was with tears as he sang Miss Sarajevo, which for me was the big surprise of the night I had keep myself from hearing this song from this tour, this is my third time seeing them live (if you count live8) and I was fortunate enough to be inside the heart in the elevation tour and I can honestly say that I enjoyed this concert much more eventhough I was quite away, spanish crowds are amazing...I think that's always a big incfluence in enjoying a show
Old 08-08-2005, 06:09 AM   #13
The Fly

i was there too. i was lucky and can enter the stage area(after making nearly 9 hours of queue. so i don´t have any complaint about doctor music.

this was my third u2 concert and i think it has been the best. it was pretty amazing hearing 80000 people sang the songs, and i think u2 felt it.

having bono in less than one meter is one of my best experiences i ever had!!!!.

the concert properly was awsome.the setlist quite good. light was superb. miss sarajevo version brilliant, and one moment with the cells really touchy.

end qualification: 12 to 10

u2 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:18 AM   #14
Acrobat

I have read in Barcelona setlist party that people talk about 105.000 people in the stadium. That is not true. There were "only" 80.000.

I have just remembered a "get up, stand up" snippet in party girl and a "hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me" snippet but I don't remember in which song, anyone??

Old 08-08-2005, 06:36 AM   #15
Acrobat

More pics.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:41 AM   #16
Acrobat

Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 AM   #17
Acrobat

Old 08-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #18
Acrobat

Vertigo pic.
Unfortunately during City of blinding lights my camera batteries run out.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:28 AM   #19
War Child

no elevation?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:47 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Re: BARCELONA 7/8/05 by U2 Spain

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Spain
The Bono's voice is in a very good level in this tour. Its not the same tha voice you hear in a bootleg than the voice you hear in a live concert.
You're so true! This is what came to my mind on my first ever U2 concert this summer in Vienna! Bono's voice is incredible and very different live from what we hear on the bootlegs!

BTW - Great review!!! Thanks mate!