9/21..."That's a tricky one."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Edger

Babyface
Hey Folks,

2 great Chicago shows, no doubt! Okay, in the grand scheme of things, my request seems quite trivial, but right now I'm still pimping out my concert story (that COULD have been SOOOO much greater) to my friends and and if someone happened to be filming Bono at the moment I will soon describe, I would LOVE to have a video file!!!!

Alrighty, we all know U2 has never played "Acrobat" live (only in soundcheck). For Wednesday's show (9/21/05) I knew I was going to have a pretty good position on the floor regardless of whether or not I got into the ellipse (which I did not), and so I came armed with a sign that read "ME + GUITAR + "ACROBAT" = FIRST TIME."

I was positioned outside the ellipse, on the right-half of the floor (FACING the stage) about 2-3 people off of the barricade, halfway between the middle of the ellipse/ramp and the barricade/wall of the floor area. Throughout the show, I would put up my sign when Bono was in the area, but every time, I could tell that Bono was looking more into the distance or nowhere near where I was standing. However..........at the end of "Where The Streets..." Bono and Adam were hanging out at the tip of the ellipse and Bono started walking in my direction and this time I could tell he was checking out the fans. I knew this was my best chance and put up my sign.

A wave of terror siezed me and I began to ask myself "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? ARE YOU NUTS????," as I could tell Bono was reading the sign. Obviously I would have loved to go on stage to play with the band if I was so lucky as to do so, but during those 2 seconds (that seemed like an eternity) I was envisioning everything that COULD go wrong if Bono gave me the nod. All I was thinking was, "he has seen the sign; what's gonna happen now?" Then I start to freak out even more as Bono raises the microphone to his lips and says "That's a tricky one, eh" (said in an Irish "eh," not Canadian). Woo hoo! Bono read my sign and acknowledged it through the PA.........and then caused me to wonder the whole rest of the show......"will anything more happen with this????" As you all know, nothing did materialize, but that was my own personal "moment."

So, if anyone happens to have been recording Bono during this part (probably not, as he wasn't singing) could you please post it? I would love to be able to see that, as minor as it is.

Thanks. Ciao!

-Art

Well, I can't be of any help at all, but that is a GREAT story!

And the way things are going, we may just get Acrobat :wink:

Hey Miroslava:

You're the "dancer" from that evening, right?*** I am sure you have seen plenty of footage already, but I got most of your dance with Bono on video from my vantage point. A little busy now, but I eventually can compress it a little and put it online if you'd like to see it.

-Art

***if not, then nevermind!

OKAY.....I just posted it and then saw the little picture icon next to your name, so disregard my disclaimer!!!

Art:

I would loooooooooove to see any and all video that surfaces. Yes, I am a piggy, but things like this do not happen often in one's lifetime!

So whenever you get a chance, I would love to see it! If you need me to send you a CD and postage or anything (instead of posting online) let me know and I'd be more than willing!

Thanks and goodluck with finding your clip! I will keep my eyes out for it !

:hyper:

Sorry, I don't have any video of Bono saying "that's a tricky one" but I'm glad to finally find out what your sign said. I was to the left of you and on the rail but I couldn't read your sign, everytime he approached our area of the stage- it was such madness with the pushing that I couldn't even turn my head!

It was pretty damn cool when he acknowledged your sign! I'd have been nervous if I was you too! As jealous as I was of Miroslava, I have no doubt that I never would've had the courage to pull of the Bono interaction on 9/20 let alone dancing with him on 9/21!!!

Cool story. I had a similar experience on the Elevation tour. If you remember, they would pull guitar players up to do "people get ready" from time to time. I made a sign that said "PEOPLE GET READY NEEDS A DRUMMER!" At one point during the show Edge tapped Bono on the shoulder and pointed me out and the two of them laughed out loud. Bono gestured back to Larry and silently mouthed "He'd kill us" directly to me.

Hey Art!

Just ran across this thread again and remembered about the video you mentioned... :hyper:

Still busy?

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom