5-14-05 Philly Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where were you when you saw Bono drive by? I waited for 3 hours to see him and just saw him drive by quickly. I was at the back of the arena. It looks like you were out front. Is that right?

sortofhomecoming said:
Great Pics!!! We waited three hours too - just to see him drive by. :sad:

Haha I know but at least it was a nice day just to hang out anyway. And yeah I was 2 rows off the rail for the pictures.

jammin909 said:

Haha I know but at least it was a nice day just to hang out anyway. And yeah I was 2 rows off the rail for the pictures.

Awesome Pics! I think I was right around you outside the elipse! On the Edge's side right? Although, I think I only got one decent pictrue from my stupid disposable camera. Thanks for sharing the pics!!

I was hanging out outside waiting for the band, too. It wasn't bad though. I have to say that the guy who got the bread from the truck was hilarious.

I waited from 1:30 to 4:30 for something to happen. I then figured nothing was going to happen so I went to go get food at the Citizens Bank Park, and on the walk back I hear a scream only to find out that Bono drove past while I was gone. :grumpy:

anyone know why they were so late? we heard them soundchecking COBL at 6 pm. saw them going into the airport immediately after the show. did they fly down from nyc, or get stuck in traffic? the show seemed to be running behind schedule.

There was a One Campaign event in Philly that day, from 12-2. That's were Bono probably was; maybe he went and had lunch after and by the time he came in it was 4:30 or so. I walked by the crowd waiting for him to go get food over at the baseball stadium, and I saw a guy drive up and deliver a pizza to someone in the little crowd there. That was awesome.

Jammin, I was very near you in front of the ellipse. I was just a little to the right of you. I think my hand might be in some of your pics, lol. Great pictures.

15639117_1774-med.JPG

my name's paul, but uh, they call me bono

Headache in a Suitcase said:
from what i've heard they were staying in canada... something to do with lower taxes on the hotels or something... probably had some sort of flight delay, probably the reason for the late arrival. the quick exit was expected... heading back to canada until tuesday i do believe.

Where in Canada, do you know?? I'm assuming it would Montreal, Toronto or *gasp* Ottawa!!!!

the bread guy was super nice ... i was with him most of the day .. he was right next to me on the GA line , he wound up getting into the ellipse and right on the front rail next to Bono , i was really happy for him

ladywithspinninghead said:

Where in Canada, do you know?? I'm assuming it would Montreal, Toronto or *gasp* Ottawa!!!!

where in canada i don't know... but my "source," if you want to call him that... has told me tips like this before, and he has yet to be wrong, so i have no reason not to believe him now

and yea the bread guy was funny... i was about 5 feet or so behind him in line

Headache in a Suitcase said:

where in canada i don't know... but my "source," if you want to call him that... has told me tips like this before, and he has yet to be wrong, so i have no reason not to believe him now

and yea the bread guy was funny... i was about 5 feet or so behind him in line

I wonder why they would commute like that when a couple of them have places in NYC....Oh well, I'll keep my eyes peeled!!:hyper:

sorry you guys didnt get a chance to meet and chat with Bono. Seeing him wave from an SUV is not what I hope for during the third leg. Hope the dissapointment wasnt too harsh and that the show was great.

Back
Top Bottom