May 17, Continental Airlines Center in East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If somebody could give a report on whether the box office was selling day-of-show tickets (esp. GA) on 5/17 that would be great. What time did it start, how many tickets were sold, how big was the line, etc.?

AWESOME set...

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA // JOHNNY
* RTTSS // HALLELUJIAH
DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
* PITNOL
* WTSHNN
ONE CAMPAIGN SPEECH
* ONE

ENCORE(s) I

* ZOO STATION
* THE FLY
* MYSTERIOUS WAYS
* OOTS
* ABOY
* YAHWEH
* VERTIGO

oh man, this show just rocked... it started off a bit slow, but at some point bono got into his groove, and man was he working it! he had so much energy... and the crowd on the floor was ridiculously loud and energetic. so awesome!

the addition of vertigo at the end AFTER 40 was new and completely unexpected... all the band members except larry had left the stage. larry was doing the solo drum part at the end of 40, so we all just expected him to finish up and leave the stage as well. all of a sudden, my friend goes "bono is peeking up from under the stage!". next thing i know, larry changes the drum beat from 40 to the high tempo VERTIGO! so cool!!!! bono grabs the spotlight that he uses at the end of 40 and just starts going nuts... such a great way to end what was a very energetic show!!! :hyper:

another memorable moment: bono added a short snippet of "please" into BTBS, right before the "johnny comes marching home" part.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, what a fucking great show. I did not think it started slow, thought it started well...but agree with Ally, at some point, Bono really was into it, big time, and there was no looking back.

The encore of Vertigo AFTER 40 was a complete surprise, and, Axver, if you are reading this, trust me, it's worth it.

Loved the set list, looked like OOTS was a complete Bono audible, to the point that Edge was already starting to play ABOY....Bono stopped him and then hugged him.

I need to wind down and get some sleep and prepare for tomorrow.

Great show.....

ENCORE!!

Last edited:
Someone was right, Lila! :)

Will be back tomorrow and Saturday for more of the boys, luckily.

I feel like a just ran a marathon.....:) Had really great seats, too, for Non-GA.....was 5 rows back on the Edge's side of the stage, was almost parallel with his mic. I loved getting to finally watch him work up close.

I texted Ruffian, she was at the tip of the ellipse, she found me and waved hi....she had the boys right in her face during LAPOE and any other time they were out there.....

Lila64 said:
Sounds like another great show from the boys. Were you on the floor Ally? How many shows is this for you?

yup, i was on the floor- outside of the ellipse! this was show #4 for me... have 1 more (final boston). this show rocked... :drool:

i'll have to post a full review later- i am exhausted and have to wake up at 7 am for my law school graduation tomorrow!!! :huh: but it was totally worth missing out on sleep for this show... :rockon:

wow...we got an eight song encore...i still can't believe it.

i don't know what everyone else has been talking about. the band was incredible today. bono got into it round the time he took the little girl up on the extended stage, and there was no looking back.

and his comments for vertigo the second time round were great...something to the effect of (and correct me if i'm wrongm i was about as far from the stage as physically possible) "you know encores are an italian opera thing...and if they like a song, they say encore and you do it again...i think you guys liked this song the first time round...but what do i know? i'm irish!

great show.

*Ally* said:

yup, i was on the floor- outside of the ellipse! this was show #4 for me... have 1 more (final boston). this show rocked... :drool:

i'll have to post a full review later- i am exhausted and have to wake up at 7 am for my law school graduation tomorrow!!! :huh: but it was totally worth missing out on sleep for this show... :rockon:

Congratulations Ally! Carpe diem! :applaud:
Have all your shows been GAs Ally?
NSW - where are you for the next two nights, and of all the cities on the tour, why did you choose to travel to NJ? Just curious...
And another show for Ruffian? How does she do it?!?!?!:ohmy: :shocked:

un fukken real. jersey crowd was fired up for a tuesday night. I was a little worried going in, parking lot scene was a little sub par and i though that was going to carry into the show.....but i was wrong. crowd was amazing. band was on fire.

i LOVE zoo station...!!!!!! THE FLY...!!!
fukken AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Long time no post, first show on the tour...when they played THE FLY I nearly went berserk.

Kind of a greatest hits show -- I have to say the Zoo TV flashback set was amazing, AMAZING AMAZING.

The Jersey aka NYC shows as well as the Boston shows are going to be special. This little corner of god's country is the bands spiritual and literal home away from home and besides it's a well known fact that they love us more anyway. :wink:

Ooohh, I'm so jealous. Seemed like a really good show. :)

*Ally*, congratulations on graduating from law school! That's awesome.

I'm going tonight. What time did U2 come on?

Also - how wasted was the crowd? Only asking because I'm bring a (relatively) youngster. I've been to many shows at the Continental Airlines Arena and some shows the crowd is completely lit up while at others, its pretty mellow.

thanks

irajo, they came on between 8:45 and 9pm.
where i was sitting the crowd was ok, everyone was having a good time but not out of control. there were definitely some illegal substances being smoked in the near vicinity as you would expect but as far as how people were acting it was ok.

i wasn't really worried about people partying - that's part of the concert experience. People who don't want to be exposed to that should probably not go to shows

I was a bit more interested in whether the crowd was wasted to the point where people were fighting or arguing,etc.

Last month I saw the Black Crowes at the Hammerstein. Place was packed. Great show but many a-holes in the crowd were throwing beer on each other, fighting, etc.

Last night was my first show of this tour and I thought it had peaks and valleys. I had a great time, I am going tonight also and I think I am going to have a better time. Not sure what it was last night. It may have been that the section I was in sucked, no energy, no vibe - lots of people just standing around- pretty weak. Not that it ruined the show for me or anything, I had a blast - it's just always more fun when the people around you are rockin'

I wish they mixed up their setlist more, so many good songs - it seems like a waste to have such a small touring pool to choose from. After looking at setlists from the tour, to go into a show and know what is going to be played -pretty much in order- is sort of anti-climactic for the concert experience, isn't it? Who knows, maybe seeing so many Phish shows ruined me in this regard.

Great times as always with the boys.. my one complaint... HOW CAN THEY PLAY INTO THE HEART AND THEN NOT GO INTO OUT OF CONTOROL!?! WHAT A TEASE!!! :mad:

OutOfControl1 said:
Last night was my first show of this tour and I thought it had peaks and valleys. I had a great time, I am going tonight also and I think I am going to have a better time. Not sure what it was last night. It may have been that the section I was in sucked, no energy, no vibe - lots of people just standing around- pretty weak. Not that it ruined the show for me or anything, I had a blast - it's just always more fun when the people around you are rockin'

I wish they mixed up their setlist more, so many good songs - it seems like a waste to have such a small touring pool to choose from. After looking at setlists from the tour, to go into a show and know what is going to be played -pretty much in order- is sort of anti-climactic for the concert experience, isn't it? Who knows, maybe seeing so many Phish shows ruined me in this regard.

Great times as always with the boys.. my one complaint... HOW CAN THEY PLAY INTO THE HEART AND THEN NOT GO INTO OUT OF CONTOROL!?! WHAT A TEASE!!! :mad:
just dont look at the setlists then?

Back
Top Bottom