June 15th Manchester ­ City of Manchester Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brilliant! the crowd was crazy from start to finish! it really went off so to speak! i will follow was a surprise and made the crowd go made. can't wait for Twickenham

Sometimes we remember why we are here, what it is we are doing with our life, our place in this massive universe. Sometimes we can be reconnected to life through the redemptive power of music. sometimes we can feel our whole lives condensed into 2 and a bit hours. last night was one of those moments.
Yesterday was a culmination of 8 years of loving this band, of living through this band and of being consoled, comforted and driven by this band. It was thus one of the most emotional experiences of my life but even without these personal reasons yesterdays show was absolutely breathtaking.
The combination of love and peace, sunday bloody sunday, bullet the blue sky and running to stand still left me with goosebumps everywhere and tears in my eyes. it reminded me of all the horrors in this world of all those who are affected by these terrible events. It also reminded us of the only way to stop this- to coeist.
Then with my heart beating so fast we were shown god. The section with Pride, Streets and One was worth the admission alone. It gave us all a sense of empowerment- it showed us all what can happen what we mean as individuals, it made me feel so gloriously alive to the opportunities of this world. In that moment i felt so amazingly connected to god to everything.
This band will always be a truly great band, because of the songs, the performances, the show they put on. But more than these things they will always be a great band because they show us life, they reconnect our hearts and souls to the possibilities of humanity. they show us who we are and what we can be.
So thank you so much guys- thank you for everything.

Stadium - excellent
Acoustics - loud and clear
stewarding - crap ....GA not good and loads of people were getting crushed at the front barriers
Adam - Cool as fuck and went on a couple of walkabouts
Larry - Play the drums......ummmm and sang a bit aswell!
Bono - Time has slowed him down a little but he still 'nailed it''..especially on SYCMIOYO:drool: :drool: :drool:
Edge - The reverse of Bono ,hes got better with age.A mega performance by the main main:| :drool: :|
Overall - Great show but too many 'crowd pleasers ' for my liking.Setlist was ok but didnt play anything unusual or unexpected.My ears are still wringing.....:crazy:

u2 rock:drool: :drool:

This appeared in our local (Florida) newspaper this morning. I guess Bono is not having any problems with his back (as had been widely reported a few weeks ago. :bono: :bono: :love: :love:

BonoManchester.jpg

U2FloridaFan said:
This appeared in our local (Florida) newspaper this morning. I guess Bono is not having any problems with his back (as had been widely reported a few weeks ago. :bono: :bono: :love: :love:

BonoManchester.jpg

Ha, with moves like that he probably re-hurt it! Funny to think the June 15 show is actually over, its only 10 AM on the 15th here.

Absolutley loved the show.
Arrived at around five, picked up tickets from box office, only to find we were right at the back, anyhow, managed to swap with a tout some better seats! (Block 209 Row H)
I.M.O Edge made the show. This man is a musical fucking genius, and deserves far FAR more recognition, though the other three performed brilliantly. As boystupidboy has said, Bono is a little less energetic than he used to be, but hey, hes no super-human!
Was good to to hear I will Follow, the fact it was the first time it had appeared on the tour made it better.

The only thing that spoiled it (a little) for me was the light! I so SO wanted it to be dark, when the sun set the visuals turned it into a different show, unfotunatley, it was near to the end of the show!! The crowd in my section were a little boring as well. They started to get into it towards the end, but I didn't give a shit, I was jumping round like a complete nut case!

Roll on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twickers!!!:drool: :drool:

BEVERLY56 said:

Ha, with moves like that he probably re-hurt it! Funny to think the June 15 show is actually over, its only 10 AM on the 15th here.

It hasn't happened yet. These are posts about last night's (14th) show, which there isn't a thread in this section for.

NamelessStreets said:
Absolutley loved the show.
Arrived at around five, picked up tickets from box office, only to find we were right at the back, anyhow, managed to swap with a tout some better seats! (Block 209 Row H)
I.M.O Edge made the show. This man is a musical fucking genius, and deserves far FAR more recognition, though the other three performed brilliantly. As boystupidboy has said, Bono is a little less energetic than he used to be, but hey, hes no super-human!
Was good to to hear I will Follow, the fact it was the first time it had appeared on the tour made it better.

The only thing that spoiled it (a little) for me was the light! I so SO wanted it to be dark, when the sun set the visuals turned it into a different show, unfotunatley, it was near to the end of the show!! The crowd in my section were a little boring as well. They started to get into it towards the end, but I didn't give a shit, I was jumping round like a complete nut case!

Roll on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twickers!!!:drool: :drool:

Hi, I was at Tues gig too and it was awesome. We were over by Edges side, along the walkway and everyone was going mad where i was, singing every word and jumping around. The best gig I have ever seen in my life.. maybe see you on Sat, we have tickets for Twicks too but have seats, not GAs this time. May get to swap em..

lisa2004 said:

Hi, I was at Tues gig too and it was awesome. We were over by Edges side, along the walkway and everyone was going mad where i was, singing every word and jumping around. The best gig I have ever seen in my life.. maybe see you on Sat, we have tickets for Twicks too but have seats, not GAs this time. May get to swap em..

Hiya there Miss Lisa:) Iam so happy for you 2 :)

The second date was way better than the first. The place was JUMPING! The atmosphere was electric & that made the band play even better. Bono even lost himself in the music & missed his cue completely & admitted to everyone that he was just enjoying the tune too much! All 4 were really tight & spot on! Glad Manchester City Council let them start later, the light show was much better.
Adam has stepped up to the plate this time round; Love & Peace or Else is non-descript on the album & on the American bootlegs, but (maybe they've changed it for the stadiums?) I could feel the bass notes thundering down my spine, definitely the highlight of the new material for me! The new re-working of The Fly is cool, again Adam's improved bassline helps make it.
Edge fluffed a bit on the beginning of the riff on Bullet, but for the rest of the evening was fantastic (as usual) & his Electric Co was the highlight of his performance.
Larry yet again was faultless (he always is) & led from the back (or from the satellite pod on L&PoE).
People have mentioned that Bono is losing his 'bounce', he's still cool (please everyone, the guy is not getting any younger!)! The goosestepping Zoo Station & camera swallowing reminded me of Roundhey Park. His link with the crowd was immediate & his skills as a showman are unsurpassed by ANYONE. Bono Rules.
For the 2nd night, I would've liked to hear a more different setlist (admittedly Manchester has seen 4 1st performances of tracks on this tour) When they came to the MEN on the Elevation tour, apart from the ATYCLB stuff, the set on the 2nd night was quite different. I was not disappointed by the songs they added though, AIWIY & SHFWILF were fantastic & they made the right choice dropping All Because of You, it kinda killed the mood the 1st night (it might work better in the main set, not as an encore), even though my husband was a bit miffed at them dropping Mysterious Ways, I think there was very little else on the setlist they could've dropped.
All in all, I think they are musically better than they have ever been SO remortgage your house, sell your soul to ROCK n ROLL, cos the boys are back & worth every penny!

Hi, don't know if anyone will read this as it is a few days since the show, but I just wanted to say it was an incredible gig. i have seen them seven times since the Zooropa tour and this was one of the best. Loads of standouts like electric co and Love and Peace or Else. The ZOO TV encore was incredible, especially with the flashback to 93 of Bono's silhouette rising up in front of one of the screens. The Fly blew me away it is an incredible live track, and I was well impressed with Yahweh, beautiful live and vastly improved. The mood down the front was incredible, everyone was going nuts, a fantastic night and a brilliant tour.

Maupassant said:
Hi, don't know if anyone will read this as it is a few days since the show

Yes, I read it, and I'm sure others will too. Thanks for giving us your take on the show!

Back
Top Bottom