I'm the piano guy on "Yahweh" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Show Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:39 PM
I'm the piano guy on "Yahweh"

This may be old news, but I just never got around to posting it on Interference.

At the December 14th show in St. Louis, I was the guy who got to play Piano during "yahweh". one of if not THE most amazing 5 minutes of my entire life.

This was my 9th U2 show and last for 2005 and to end it by playing on stage with my absolute favorite band was breathtaking. I still think of it almost like it was a dream

Everything was great until after the song ended and Bono wanted to keep it going and started telling me to "Play it like a bell". When i was actually up there, and sense i didnt have headphones on, i just could not for the life of me make out what he was saying. I got kinda confused but then Edge saved me.
They both gave me big hugs and Bono even shouted "Thank you Michael" on the microphone as i ran and leaped back down the ellipse.
It was wonderful

Hey, if ANYBODY has photos or video clips of this...PLEASE email me.....I would SO appriciate it!
mikeisi@AOL.com

God bless
Michael Mitchell
(nashville, TN)

Old 01-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #2
musicidalist

Local Time: 08:39 AM
Congrats again.

And again, I am closing this since you already have a thread under Fan Experiences and Pictures which is the appropriate area.