Favorite/Best Show on this Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blake

Babyface
For people who have been to many of the shows thus far, and for people who have heard a lot of the shows- What do you all think the best show has been so far?

My personal pick, having only heard the boots, would be Glendale Night 2. The whole concert seemed very tight, and they flowed very well. I think they showed strengths on BAD and WTSHNN, featuring Bono's restored voice.

Seattle 2 is one show that people seem to be tossing around as one of the best of the tour, same as Denver 2 and Glendale 2.

But Chicago 3 was probably right up there...

knox said:
Seattle 2 is one show that people seem to be tossing around as one of the best of the tour, same as Denver 2 and Glendale 2.

But Chicago 3 was probably right up there...

I would have to agree with the folks saying Seattle 2. I was lucky enough to be there...it was simply amazing :)

Chicago 4, when we get the boot you all will see the amazingness of this concert.:drool:

of the 5 ive seen, and of the setlists ive seen, chicago 3 in my favorite

I saw Chicago 1-4. Heard a number of boots.

Chicago 3 was my favorite. Chicago 4 and 2 are great as well.

Can't wait to see a few more!!! :drool:

BONO'S bIRTHDAY was the best concert I have ever been to but I didnt see their last night in Chgo. and wish I had heard Sexual Healing sung by Bono....what could be better. Actually Elevation in October at United Center tied this one but they pLAYED 2 1/2 hrs. and it was great....

Went to the first six shows.
They got better with each show....not rating opening night as the worst .....but LA II was really great....simply the best day of my 17 year carrer on earth.....got edges autograph, stood outside the Staples center with mum and my sister all day (they needed tickets, I already had mine)

I saw San Diego 1 and all 4 Chicago shows.

Chicago 2 (5/9) was my best. Chicago 4 (5/12) is in 2nd place.

I was at chicago 3 & 4 and Philly 2

each show has its own greatness about it...

chicago 3 they sounded impecable...they were taping

chicago 4 (best in my opinion) they seemed to let loose..mix it up a little and interact with the crowd a lot more

Philly 2 the music was great...their were some sound miscues for sure (late in the tour...bad arena system..whatever) but they made up for it 100 times over with showmanship and fun and interaction with the crowd!! The fans were loud with appreciation!

LA2 > LA1

I went to both, I dunno, LA2 had a better crowd response. NYD and Streets, crowd went absolutely wild! A coincidence Adam walked the ellipse during these 2 songs, hehe I think not.

I was at LA 1 & 2, and Anaheim 2. Of these, I would say:
LA2, Anaheim2, LA1
(LA 1 was seated across the arena, other 2 were GAs)

it sounds like everyone is taking into effect the bias of the show they were at. lets get some un-biased answers based on show quality as it appears on recordings (not, quality of recording, but of show)

I haven't downloaded that many shows - just 4/6, SJ2, Phoenix2. I don't have the time or energy to download all 20-30 shows. That's too much for me. I'll base my answer (see above) on the shows I physically attended. Would I have liked to have been at Others like Chicago 5/10 or 5/12, or Phoenix 2 - sure. I would like to have been at them all, but alas, I don't have that luxury :(

Of the three I've been to (NJ 1, NJ 2, NYC) until now, it is very difficult to chose: They were all excellent and had different tracklists with so many wishes fullfilled in different locations.
For example I don't want to miss '40' followed by "Vertigo" the very first night, the beautiful "Gloria"/"The Ocean" sequence and "Bad" the 2nd or the Boy-tunes and "Original Of The Species" in Madison Square Garden. Plus the numerous other specials and so-called standard old or new tracks, that were mind-blowing, too. Nope, all three were astonishing!

NJ2 was great. I was there. The setlist was good and there was a suprise with the Bank Robbers being brought up. Plus Bono was pumped. The playing of Yahweh at the end of the ellipse was nice too. Highlights were - ISHFWILF, Bad, Gloria, SBS, and Yahweh.

I can only judge the shows I went to, because I don't think bootlegs can really do justice (except if you only heard bootlegs).

I would rank it as follows:

1st place:Boston III
2nd place (tie): Vancouver I, MSG
3rd place (very close to second place): Philly II
4th place: Vancouver II (the only 'average' show I saw, all the other ones were extraordinary IMO)

Here's my rank, based on the ones I've attended:

1. Boston 2
2. Boston 3
3. San Diego 1
4. San Deigo 2
5. San Jose 1
6. Anaheim 1

Back
Top Bottom