Favorite/Best Show on this Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My ranking of the shows I attended would be:

1) Boston II
2) Boston III
3) MSG
4) Philly II
5) San Diego I
6) Boston I

This is hard :reject: , but of the shows I've been to:

1) Seattle 2 - easy number 1

then it gets harder, each show was great in it's own way :)

2) Boston 3 (WGRYWH :hyper: , plus best version of streets out of the shows I've seen)
3) San Diego 2 (first time I heard Gloria :), plus a fun show in general)

tie for 4th: San Diego 1 (it's the first show :hyper: and the people I was sitting by were really nice and a lot of fun) and Seattle 1 (best seat I've had out of all the shows :) , great view of Adam :sexywink: )

I've only seen tow shows, MSG and Philly 2...I enjoyed the Philly show more, better crowd and the band just seemed to click...I was a lot closer, though, so maybe that was the difference:wink:

Of the shows I have listened to, the one I would really have loved to be at was Chicago 4!

This is why I so look forward to Willie's Diary on U2.com. This topic is a great one, but clearly there's a necessary bias based on the shows that the 'voters' saw. Willie's been to them all, so he's 'God' in my book. Sure there are plenty of others within the U2 camp, but he's the one writing the Diary!

I can only vote between Boston II and III, and II wins by a nose.

Chris in NH

of the three shows i've been to:

1) San Diego 2 - this show has an unfair advantage, as it was my first (and so far only) show in GA, which made a fantastic show even greater. the people around me were really cool and into it, tremendous energy. plus, gloria!

2) San Diego 1 - great crowd this show as well, plus the excitement of opening nite of the tour. the atmosphere was electric!

3) New Jersey 1 - had rear-view seats for this one, which wasn't bad, though the crowd in my section was pretty dead. from my perspective, the crowd in general wasn't that energetic, aside from a few people. the band was in fine form though.

Of course, it's all so very subjective, but for my money Seattle 2 was the first remarkable show of the tour. Phoenix 2 which came before that is a great sounding boot and was a very good performance but IMO they hadn't completely gelled yet. Chicago 4 is a great setlist and an excellent performance - maybe my personal favorite of the tour. NJ2 was a loose and fun show. Boston 2 was arguably the best show of the tour and & Boston 3 was a cool end to the first leg. But like I said, it's all a matter of one's criteria. For me, if pressed to take only one show from the tour I'd probably take Chicago 4.

:shrug: I haven't heard any of the full shows so far but my impression is from the early dates, San Jose two dates are most talked about, and the Phoenix second show.
Later on in the tour, it's Seattle, Chicago and Boston, plus New York.

Last edited:
I was only able to make it to 1 show on this leg, but it was fortunately Chicago 3 (5/10 - Bono's B-day)

My previously favorite U2 show was Detroit 87 (a show with incredible electricity) WOWOY had just hit #1, and the band was on the cover of TIME magazine (they had just broke into the proverbial “mainstream”)

And although Chicago 3 was admittedly somewhat polished for a U2 show (for the DVD), it also had a similar energy and sincerity of the 87 Detroit show. It was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom