Boston: Tuesday 5/24 - Great Band, Not So Great Crowd + Opening Night in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure about the crowd comments, but I guess you can't tell what's going on in specific sections. From what I could see (I was on the floor 3rd from the rail on the tip) it seemed like everyone was having a blast.

The people around me were definately having a blast and knew every single song, new and old. I was lucky enough to be standing next to two young guys that had come from Dublin (had also been to the NY show in seats) and it was so great to see and hear their reactions. They couldn't believe how close they were to the band, (they had only seen U2 in stadiums) and were absolutely mesmerized. At the end of LPOE one of the guys grabbed onto my arm in total disbelief of what he had just experienced, it was great to see.

I thought the show was great, although of the Vertigo shows I've seen now I would rank it last behind NY, Philly2, and opening night. But I'll admit that it probably has more to do with me than the quality of the show. I got soaked, waited a couple of hours on the GA line in the rain, and now have a terrible sore throat and cold. Also I was really looking forward to An Cat Dubh and they didn't play it, it's actually been one of the hightlights for me.

I'm looking forward to tonight and Saturday, at least it looks like the hurricane has passed.

Rica, I'm with you on the Prov. show during Elevation..I was in GA, and thought it was an amazing show...It helped that they played Party Girl too ;)

Again, I agree with you that the spirit seemed to be missing on Tuesday...I'm optimistic about tonight though!

ramblin rose said:
I thought the show was great, although of the Vertigo shows I've seen now I would rank it last behind NY, Philly2, and opening night. But I'll admit that it probably has more to do with me than the quality of the show. I got soaked, waited a couple of hours on the GA line in the rain, and now have a terrible sore throat and cold. Also I was really looking forward to An Cat Dubh and they didn't play it, it's actually been one of the hightlights for me.

I'm looking forward to tonight and Saturday, at least it looks like the hurricane has passed.

Yes, there will always be a difference of opinion because I saw the same shows as you and I would rank opening night last. I really can`t choose between the other 3 - they were all great in their own way.

I thought the Boston show was the loudest of the 5 shows I`ve seen on this tour but it was mostly the applause and cheering that was loud - in Philly last week they definitely sang along a lot more than any of the other shows (SD1 and 2, MSG, Boston 1)

Re: Spoiled by Elevation

rica said:
Good show but I was not moved as I was during Elevation Tour. It was like the band had a job to do that night, did it well, and then left.

This is not meant to be a negative thread; just an opinion and probably an unfair comparison to Elevation in Providence right after 9/11. This was a solid show and I am appreciative for the experience but my expectations were high for something extra special. The Spirit was missing Tuesday night. Hoping for something a little extra Saturday

I agree...I felt the same way. It was a good show, I had a great time, but there was a connection that I felt was missing. It's so subjective...I didn't feel it, but the guy next to me might have. I was at the Halloween show in Providence and that was the greatest show!!!

Hope you have a great time Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom