April 29, General Motors Place in Vancouver - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Show Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:29 PM
April 29, General Motors Place in Vancouver

Please post your reviews of the April 29th show here.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 11:29 PM
'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' was clearly the highlight.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheRat
'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' was clearly the highlight.
Though Red Light rocked the house.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 07:29 PM
Britney Spears made a guest appearance and Edge took off his clothes
Old 03-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:29 PM
After they played Wake me up before you go they played Careless Whisper featuring Adam on the saxaphone.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:27 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 05:29 PM
Old 04-19-2005, 02:58 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Raid
After they played Wake me up before you go they played Careless Whisper featuring Adam on the saxaphone.
That'd be amazing
Old 04-29-2005, 11:44 PM   #8
fah
Blue Crack Addict

My highlights....

Hearing a small tiny bit of a Pop song....'Miami my Mammy'

Bono on his hands and knees

Adam and according to Bono the song that belongs to Adam 'New Years Day'

Hearing the story behind 'Miracle Drug'

Larry singing - loved it last night and I loved it again tonight

Bono dedicated 'Running To Stand Still' to persons in the military

The Achtung Baby encore

Larry shaking hands with Adam and then with Bono and giving them 'that smile'

Larry grabbing Bono's ass during 'Yahweh'

Bono telling us that they had filmed the entire concert and hoped we didn't mind.

Bono telling us how much they were going to miss Vancouver and that some of them had sore heads and others sore hearts

I miss them already
Old 04-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by fah
My highlights....

Hearing a small tiny bit of a Pop song....'Miami my Mammy'

Bono on his hands and knees

Adam and according to Bono the song that belongs to Adam 'New Years Day'

Hearing the story behind 'Miracle Drug'

Larry singing - loved it last night and I loved it again tonight

Bono dedicated 'Running To Stand Still' to persons in the military

The Achtung Baby encore

Larry shaking hands with Adam and then with Bono and giving them 'that smile'

Larry grabbing Bono's ass during 'Yahweh'

Bono telling us that they had filmed the entire concert and hoped we didn't mind.

Bono telling us how much they were going to miss Vancouver and that some of them had sore heads and others sore hearts

I miss them already
I miss the ass grab by larry
Old 04-29-2005, 11:51 PM   #10
The Fly

vancouver 2 was nit as good as vancouver 1. tonight felt like play the songs, go on long break until next show...last night band interacted far more with fans/audience. setlist to me last night was also better.

one thing i noticed both nights is when they play older songs crowd goes quiet...but for big hits immeditely after they came back...
Old 04-29-2005, 11:52 PM   #11
War Child

I was in the ellipse (thanks to amarks86, who went in after me after my ticket was rejected, there was a delay because his person's ticket scanner was broken, but then after a minute or so he got through, went up to laptop, scanned, the laptop lagged for like 5 seconds, then BAM! VERTIGO VERTIGO VERTIGO!

I was on the railing right in front of Adam

I air-bassed with Adam during both Bullet the Blue Sky and New Years Day, which made him laugh when he saw me do it

then after that, every time he looked at me, he laughed, then I laughed, and he laughed more... it happened like 3 times

Adam rocks...

apparently I was having a bit too much fun, according to trevster2k who sat on the other side of the stage across from me... but whatever, it was just me and that band tonight, nothing around existed, it was freakin' amazing

apparently my beautiful face was also on the audience cam the whole time before the show

way more on this unforgettable show tommorow, for now, I am way too tired
Old 04-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by korczykp
I was in the ellipse (thanks to amarks86, who went in after me after my ticket was rejected, there was a delay because his person's ticket scanner was broken, but then after a minute or so he got through, went up to laptop, scanned, the laptop lagged for like 5 seconds, then BAM! VERTIGO VERTIGO VERTIGO!

I was on the railing right in front of Adam

I air-bassed with Adam during both Bullet the Blue Sky and New Years Day, which made him laugh when he saw me do it

then after that, every time he looked at me, he laughed, then I laughed, and he laughed more... it happened like 3 times

Adam rocks...

apparently I was having a bit too much fun, according to trevster2k who sat on the other side of the stage across from me... but whatever, it was just me and that band tonight, nothing around existed, it was freakin' amazing

apparently my beautiful face was also on the audience cam the whole time before the show

way more on this unforgettable show tommorow, for now, I am way too tired
heh, Whenever the girls beside us tried flirting with Adam he would wink at them, then look at me and smile like "good job, how did you manage to get those girls?" lol.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #13
Gunslinger

I can post longer later, but here it is....

"The Adventures of the Human Pogo Stick"

7:30 - Arrived at GM Place.

7:40 - BINGO!!! My GA ticket goes "vertigo" on the computer screen. I still can't fuckin' believe it!!!! Wife and I scored!!!

8:20 - The Kings are done and we proceed to down to the ellipse. We found a great spot of the side railing on Adam's side about 25 feet from his spot, and the prime spot to see Bono when he makes his trips out around the ramp (he goes this route most of the night).

-The show starts and I find it incredibly suprising/shocking that I have the sudden ability to launch my self up in the air 3-4 feet off the ground like a rabid pogo stick.

-During the song "Into the Heart," Bono sits down off the ramp right in front of my wife and sucks his thumb. He sings to her and at the end drops a flower right into her hands. My God! Bono sang to my wife!!! Fuckin' incredible!!!

-Many cameras this night as there were the previous night. I see a familiar man running around behind me with a camera man telling him where to stand. My God!!! I know this guy!!! Its Hamish!!! The director of the Boston DVD!!!
I introduce myself when time permits and ask him about the filming. This whole video shoot went from making a live single video for COBL to and entire concert DVD!!!! Oh my God!!!! I am going to be immortalized!!!!

-It was a great show! Electric Co./An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart will for ever be a special moment for me. I felt like I was at a club, not an arena. I'm still in the clouds. Will post more when I get home in a few days.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #14
The Fly

Roland, are you sure he said the entire concert???

I got some pictures from up on the balcony. They're not spectacular bit i have some ones i really like. When i get home tomorrow i'll .zip them and put them on for some other members to download, because i don't think "non-premium members" can attach files

Is it just me or was the sound really, really crappy at the beginning??? It seemed to be too upper-range throughout the concert and I think my hearing may have been damaged. I'm no stranger to loud music, and when I went to see Radiohead in 2003 I was about five meters from the speakers and I can't remember my ears feeling this plugged.

Awesome show. BRING ON THE DVD!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 04:02 PM   #15
War Child

I don't think it was the whole show that was taped

I was right beside the camera that was filming the front of the stage all night, and the setlist on it only had arrows pointed to 4 songs that they filmed... and those were the only ones the camera was rolling on