April 15, Glendale Arena in Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosgirl84 said:

great post, ny_atom.

it was indeed a magical show, in a very magical place. i drove to phoenix from just outside las vegas, leaving the colorado river behind me, and everything about my experience was simply miraculous, from the miles of towering saguaros along the highway, to the opening chords of bad.

from my great, unexpected fortune at being given the gift of four of the best seats in the house, to the joy and surprise on my daughter's face when the edge looked over at her and smiled.

from the spiky forest of joshua trees, to the dumb luck of waking up the next morning in a hotel room in phoenix and scoring two more tickets to las vegas.

there was a certain spirit in that arena on that warm, desert night. a spirit i just didn't feel in san diego - and haven't felt in seventeen years. even bono spent quite a few minutes remarking on how truly magical the desert can be, and those were some of my favorite things that he has ever said. it was almost like it could have been the joshua tree tour all over again...

...almost, but not quite.

:up: I didn't know you were there. What a great night.

Back
Top Bottom