9th July Paris - Stade de France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay it's now 5PM EST and still not one review. Was the concert that good that all of the French are still sleeping it off???? There aren't any reviews on U2Tours.com either. What gives??

i was there excellent show !!@

the political combo of lapoe,sbs, btbs was particuarly powerful some find guiar playing from our edge,,,,

an of course the encore

zoo station !!!!

the french could learn a thing of two about organising queues though,,,i can see why they didn't get the olympics.......

the review on u2.com is actually quite accurate.

a great, great show. fantastic crowd.

hedge said:
the review on u2.com is actually quite accurate.

a great, great show. fantastic crowd.

too bad they write those reviews before the concert even started..:wink: ..I heard Bad must have been great LOL :huh:

I went to the concert and it was fucking amazing!!

U2 are on top of their form As StarSailor's lead singer told us and he was absolutely right!!
Actually Star sailors singer was on amazing form and has an incredible voice, well worth checking them out.

Anyway on to the show and Bono was well charged up for this, he was anagry, passionate and just really loving it from the first moment he ran on stage... The first half of the show as great really great with Beautiful day and Running to stand still (dedicated to the those who have suffered as a result of the London Bombs) real highlights.

For me though the best part and maybe this is true for other shows, was the encores... Zoo Station is absolutely out of this world, it shows U2 old and new in one and is incredible. Bono's new Globocop persona goes down a storm and he takes that song to new heights along with The fly. I never could understand what the deal was with Vertigo being repeated, but after being there I get it... Just as people are stumbling out of the stadium still high as a kite, they kick it off again and take you to a new high!

What a show, what a band and whata crowd. If the french were dissapointed about not getting the olympics they did not show it here. I think this show will go down in history as one of th e best on Vertifo 2005...

Downers: Bono's slightly off voice until it warmed up and terrible queuing system!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom