7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
berlin review

U2 always build the crowd up into frenzy before each and every show.
The support groups Kaiser Chiefs and Snow Patrol deserve praise for there sets with the CHIEFS excelling beyond all expectations with a blistering set.

The TV screens never worked for the first few songs people where wondering whether there where meant to or not. But the crowd where ’t bothered because U2 ripped open the city of Berlin with VERTIGO possible U2’s most kick ass songs, and one which demands to be played live on very tour now on.

I WILL FOLLOW & ELECTRIC CO, followed before a brilliant version of
ELEVATION, which is even better than the Elevation Tour version.

NEW YEARS DAY, BEAUFIFUL DAY, all time classic songs what can you say?
What a DAY to be in Berlin!

This was the first time I have heard, I STILL HAVENT FOUND, live and I couldn’t hear bono sing any of the words. Not his fault because 75000 Berlin U2 fans where over powering him, singing every word.

I can’t remember ALL I WANT IS YOU, possible because out of a outstanding set list this is my least favorite .But becoming one of my favorites is CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS, and I among many was having an adrenaline rush as the opening chords begin to play before Larry kicks in.

MICRACLE DRUG & SYCMOYO are just meant to be played live - simple as that.

When First heard reviews of the the recent album I was excited to hear LOVE AND PEACE, but upon hearing it was slighlty disppointed because it has the potential to be a classic. Well live is where this classic version is. (I think U2 may have spend too long On this in the studio)

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY and BULLET THE BLUE SKY all have heard many times before, but how can U2 play these songs time and time again and remain as fresh as this?

RUNNNING TO A STANDSTILL was dedicated to the bomb attacks in London. It was a lighter/mobile phone in the air moment, and one which will remain with everyone for a long time to come.

PRIDE/STREETS/ONE saw bono preach on about Live Aid & Live 8 and drop the debt. Musically these songs brilliant but when played behind a behind a light curtain of meaningful poignant images makes them sound even better than the real thing!

ZOO STATION was Zoo TV revisited absolutely brilliant. This song is visually and sonically amazing live. It sums up the essence of Achtung Baby as good as the next song THE FLY, which sounds different and fresher on every tour.

WITH OR WITHOUT was sung by the crowd just as well as bono, who out of 75000 people seemed to be enjoying himself the most.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU was next, then an acoustic version of YAHWAH which sounded completely different and much better than the album version.

Then back to VERTIGO and I wished I could hear it all over again.

Yeah you guessed it LOVED The Show

Thanks U2

Back
Top Bottom