31st July Copenhagen - Parken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was absolutely the best show ever. This was my third U2 concert and by far the best one! The crowd was soaked from the rain, but when introduced to the opening riffs of Vertigo it didn't matter at all. The band was very playful, joking, tight, energetic and personal! And the crowd - wow, I've never experienced anything like this - at least 10.000 people were cheering most of the time - truly amazing...I can't stop smiling :D

10 out of 10

elevation said:
This was absolutely the best show ever. This was my third U2 concert and by far the best one! The crowd was soaked from the rain, but when introduced to the opening riffs of Vertigo it didn't matter at all. The band was very playful, joking, tight, energetic and personal! And the crowd - wow, I've never experienced anything like this - at least 10.000 people were cheering most of the time - truly amazing...I can't stop smiling :D

10 out of 10

Where were you standing elevation?

I was just in front of the stage, row one, in the middle.

We were quite close then :D

I'm glad you liked the show - cause after all, it was freaking amazing.

This was my second U2 show ever and is was fantastic. My last one was Popmart also in Copenhagen. I don't know if it's just because it's been 8 years but I think the sound was much better this time.

I had seats on row 5 in about the middle of the left side of the stadium. This meant we were in about the same height as the stage, and that we had a clear view of everything that was going on, while we still felt like we were part of the party. If I'm to buy seats for another concert, this is probably the area I will shoot for again.

Again the atmosphere was amazing. You could really feel the joy of the whole audience as well as the band. It seemed as they were REALLY enjoying themselves on the stage even though the rain was pouring down.

Oh, yeah and Bono's voice was out of this world. It was really strong and clear, and he had no problems hitting any of those high notes. I was afraid that his voice would be straining by now, from all the shows they have done so far. Fortunately my fears were unfounded. I wish I had tickets for one more show... Anybody who has some to spare? :wink:

When I saw all that rain pouring down during most of the show, I was so glad of my seat in the roofed Fona terrace! And U2s performance of The Fly and Rain bought back memories of U2s Stockholm 1993 gig, that was on the exact same day 12 years ago, when I was in the front row by the catwalk in the rain!! U2 seem excell in the rain!! Fanstatic show and Miss Sarajevo where Bono did Pavarotti part(AMASING!:hyper: ) and With or without you were :bow: were the high lights for me!!

Back
Top Bottom