2nd March Buenos Aires - Estadio River Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Feel Love

I was at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires last night (Thursday) - I waited for over 20 years for this (23 to be exact) and the emotion to finally be able to see the band live was unequalled. Simply MARVELLOUS. I only have words of gratitude for what I felt last night, and despite the setlist didn't include some of the songs I was dying to hear played live (even if I knew they would not do them), really the positive energy, the heartfelt sentiment, the LOVE I felt Bono casting from the stage was something so amazing, so wonderful that trascends whatever they might have played and still moves me as I write this. That's why The First Time's verse I FEEL LOVE describes my U2 concert experience last night.

I wouldn´t know what to choose off those two hours and fifteen minutes, which I wished would never end, and in which U2 stroke a chord with me...touched my soul. The Edge's solo at the end of BBS - simply sublime. "Dici che il fiume trova la via al mare…", Pavarotti's part on Miss Sarajevo done by Bono with a sentiment that set me off to different heights... The bridge of SYCMIOYO - simply glorious - more than what I imagined it would be. The emotion of seeing the song that hooked me on to U2 for good back in 1983 played live: New Year's Day and the dream nurtured by the Red Rocks video back in those years: to see one day Bono live taking sides against war within a furious version of Sunday Bloody Sunday. And yesterday that dream came true when that anthem roared with the same power it did twenty odd years ago and Bono spoke of tolerance, peace for Palestine, Israel, Syria, Lebanon, etc. and what his headband read unfolded on the enormous screen: COEXIST.

What can I say about One with the whole stadium lit by the tiny lights of the mobile phones (replacing the lighter flames the gusts of wind insisted on putting out), and of WOWY performed as in its best days? The Fly, one of my all time faves following a great version of Zoo Station - e n o r m o u s. Love Peace & Else, really good live, deeply moving was the version of OOTS and impressive the grand finale with that beautiful song (in a wonderful version) All I Want Is You. And I can't forget to mention the The Edge's great night. Simply awesome.

I FEEL LOVE :heart:

Thanks U2 - deep down from my heart. :hug:

Cool to see you had the time of your life. U2 concerts are special, thats why were the fans we are.

Back
Top Bottom