29th October Dallas - American Airlines Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dallas Review

Just got back. One word. AWESOME! I will leave it to others to detail every song , so here are my highlites.

First of all, I have never seen Edge so happy and into it. He was smiling all the time and dancing around like crazy. It was great to see him so engaged.

Opened with City of Blinding Lights. Fine opener, no complaints and good crowd interaction. Vertigo was next. Nothing we all havent heard before but still rocking.

Next came one of my favorites. I LOVE Electric Co. It was intense. Edge's guitar was ringing and Bono's voice was fantastic. It was my favorite song of the night by far.

The Ocean was good but brought the energy down. If you werent a fan from way back, it was a joy kill.

Skipping to Ms Sarejavo. Good song but another energy downer. Bono's voice was great though. By the way, his voice was on top all night. No vocal issue that I could hear. Plus, he banter was extraordinary. Kept mentioning Dallas all night even said "y'all".

Skipping to a great part. One of the encores was Angel of Harlem. What a treat! Didnt expect that one. Pulled this guy from the crowd to play guiatar. He walked from the catwalk to the stage and played with the band. He even began to walk the stage and not stay near Bono which was cool. He walked over to Adam's side and gave the crowd the hang loose sign and they yelled back at him. Then Bono told him to sing the chorus and he did with Bono. He then walked over in front of Larry then Bono told him to sing the song without Bono's help and he did. Then the kid got down on his needs in a "im not worthy" pose. Bono made him get up and the kid asked Bono to trade sunglass. Bono did! And i dont know if he gave them back. What a souviener. This was another highlite.

Played 4 songs from JT. WOWY, ISHFWILF, BTBS, WTSHNN. Only 2 song froms War (DAMN!). Sunday Bloody Sunday, which was great and the closer 40 . Pride, One, The first time. Nothing off Pop, Beautiful Day, Elevation. Then a lot of songs from Bomb.

To wrap up, it was an amazing show. Even up in the rafters, the crowd was great. Except these lame guys in the section by Adam. Bono came right by them and they politely clapped while wearinig their kakis and polo shirts. Probably got comp tix. Anyway, Ive been to a lot of shows, this is the best since 92, Zoo TV. I/M/O, wayyyyy better than Elevation Dallas.

Hope you enjoyed this review.

U2 Warrior since 83

right on! the energy was amazing tonight! i kept looking back at the crowd and for the most part, everyone was on their feet, hand in the air...

TCUFrog said:
right on! the energy was amazing tonight! i kept looking back at the crowd and for the most part, everyone was on their feet, hand in the air...

Thanks Frog. Im still pumped I cant sleep. Thinking about the show. Cant wait 4 years for another. Hope there will be some digital on this floating around.

last nite was totally awesome.

i'm hoping that someone got a picture of me holding up the 'happy birthday larry' banner i made. i was on the outside of the ellipse left of center, and as larry was walking over to the drums for 'love and peace' i held it up as high as i could with the help of some friends, and we yelled "LARRRRY!" he heard us and saw the banner. he stopped briefly right in front of us, put his hands together and gave a little nod. i had my camera in hand but was too excited to take a picture LOL!

today i'm totally worn out. complete zombie lol.
i'll write more later when i'm not so tired.

the pictures i took will be ready at the photo place in about an hour or so :hyper:

i feel and look like this smilie :crazy:

:laugh: :yawn:

What an amazing show! I was pumped for the guy who was pulled onstage to sing Angel of Harlem. He lived every fans dream that was in that place last night. The band was in a good mood and you could tell they kept feeding off each other, and the crowd as well. I'm off to Vegas baby!:up:

Back
Top Bottom