19 November 2006 Melbourne Telstra Dome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing, inspiring, brilliant! A fantastic setlist!

That's about all I can muster at this hour....I've been awake for nearly 22 hours but it was all SO very worth it!

More details to follow tomorrow....or should that read later today!

Fantastic show, great to hear For the First Time! Worked well live and so did Party Girl which Bono got right this time. Crowd lapped up Bad as well. As for the band adam looked like a kid at his first concert, AND went on a few walks down the ellipse, and Bono was truly overwhelmed at the LOUD and very enthusiastic Melbourne crowd. Thanks guys - a magnificent show!

I am still starstruck!! ive been a u2 fan since my dad took me to the Popmart concert at Waverley in 98, and me and my dad travelled to sydney last weekend for the concerts up there... and we managed at the last minute to get tickets to Melb #2... and its the best concert ever!! i was so sad when Kite came on..as i knew it was the end, then i hear the opening to Bad and i almost fainted!!! ive seen every big band there is , and the gap is 1000 mcg's between them and the next best!...

i ran behind the backstage area after it finished to catch them walking out, managed to score a wave off Bono which was awesome!! ..

best show ever!!!!!!!!!

Incredible show!!!! My 1st U2 show ever and I pray not my last

Highlights:

Streets (unbelievable!)
The First Time's surprise appearance
Bono's adlib about Melbourne in BD :cute:
Edge's 'thank you Sydney' I am conviced he meant to do that!
Bono and Adam kiss :tongue:
Miss Sarejevo
BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bono's entry with the Australian falg wrapped around him and then opening his jacket to reveal the aus flag
Bono singing Kylie lol
The crowd going off
Larry being almost right in front of where I was standing for LAPOE
Bono telling us all to go to bed!
Seeing Daryl Braithway :lol:
People going off during the fly
People singing loudly even to the obscure songs
Not ending the night on kite
The champagne
Bono's comment with Edge's guitar problems, 'i turn my back for one minute'
Adams almost constant grinning
City of blinding lights!!!!!!!!!!
the snippet of beds are burning
BULLET!!!!
and I could honestly go on....

Ohhh it was too funny when he started to sing Kylie and the look on his face when the band stopped playing :lmao: Same with the Sydney comment, I don't think that was a joke, Larry was laughing too much and HEY you were kinda on my side but further down. Bono and Adam kiss :drool: would of prefered Edge Bono kiss though :shifty: Ohh man too much that went on that night I can't think of it. Thank god for your list! Oh and Sunday Bloody Sunday I really enjoyed that and all the mobiles, that looked really really good!

-Nikki

jonnytakeawalk said:
Incredible show!!!! My 1st U2 show ever and I pray not my last

Highlights:

the snippet of beds are burning

where was the snippet of Beds!? I missed it

this concert was so good we left when he started telling everyone to get out their cells phones, we wanted to leave when that article crap was going up but i wanted to hear pride, i know i missed my favorite song Bad that i've never seen live and i know i never will but honestly i couldn't handle anymore of the political stuff, U2 died during Sunday Bloody Sunday i was in tears and walked out. I went to the first night at Melbourne, level 1 but up the back, that was a pretty bad night, last night we on the side up the front and could see the whole stage i was actually excited and couldn't wait to see them, but this night was actually worse then the first night. The audio was awful couldn't understand what he was talking about but then again i didn't want to hear it, i just wanted to hear the music i've grown up with and loved for over 20 years but i think that is long gone now. It's all about Bono, his views, what he wants and the new generation of fans. Good luck to them and enjoy but i've boxed all my u2 memorabilia and am selling it on ebay, and there's a lot of stuff i've got over 20 years lol.

Last edited:
why buy a ticket then??? You know that there is going to be an element of the political stuff at a U2 concert. Nothing has changed in 30 years...
In my opinion (and 99% of the crowd) I thought both shows were fantastic, & the sound was awesome (was up the front for melb1 and up the back melb2).

i actually tried to give my ticket away yesterday i tried make a wish foundation but it was too short notice. And as i said good luck to them and i'm glad people will believe in them and what they do, i did go with a few other fans in their 40's and they were more angry then me. I didn't notice the political stuff at zoo tv and pop, i know it was there just wasn't in my face as much. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
lol.. i think some ppl take things too seriously..

you should be THANKFUL Bono is doing the work he does to raise attention to these causes. think of how many ppl he got to send that text message at the concert, which is a premim $$ text and all money goes towards the cause.

if all you want to hear is U2 , then put on a cd and sit in your loungeroom.

you go to a concert to Experience U2..and part of that experience is their views and what they are trying to do for those alot less fortunate than us.

Great show, I can't add anything that hasn't been said already here and in the setlist party. One thing though. I see that Beds Are Burning was snippeted during Vertigo. WTF! I did not notice this. When was it? During the end of the song or the middle?

dolphyu2 said:
this concert was so good we left when he started telling everyone to get out their cells phones, we wanted to leave when that article crap was going up but i wanted to hear pride, i know i missed my favorite song Bad that i've never seen live and i know i never will but honestly i couldn't handle anymore of the political stuff, U2 died during Sunday Bloody Sunday i was in tears and walked out. I went to the first night at Melbourne, level 1 but up the back, that was a pretty bad night, last night we on the side up the front and could see the whole stage i was actually excited and couldn't wait to see them, but this night was actually worse then the first night. The audio was awful couldn't understand what he was talking about but then again i didn't want to hear it, i just wanted to hear the music i've grown up with and loved for over 20 years but i think that is long gone now. It's all about Bono, his views, what he wants and the new generation of fans. Good luck to them and enjoy but i've boxed all my u2 memorabilia and am selling it on ebay, and there's a lot of stuff i've got over 20 years lol.
all a bit extreme isnt it? just because about 3 songs and a few words were political (worthy cause at that), you decided to leave a concert, go home and box all your stuff up to sell it? jeesus. guess all the sarajevo link up's, stop sellafield concerts etc werent political or in your face?

oh well each to there own,

p.s. if you just wanted to hear the music, could you not have just waited 5 minutes, gone and got a drink or went the toilet, come back then enjoy the music?

waste of a ticket, waste of time

dolphyu2 said:

If you'd been a fan for a short amount of time I could kind of understand that but if you've been a genuine fan for over 20 years then how on earth could you you know so little about the band, their music or their live shows? OK this is the first time they have played a full band SBS in Australia for over 22 years but SBS is Bono's signature soapbox song & the intro to One has long been used by Bono for the issue of the day whatever that is at the time. & let's keep this in perspective, we are talking about 5 mins in a show that went for over two hours. Seriously those comments make as much sense as giving a negative review of a rock show because it was too loud for you to have a conversation with the person next to you without having to raise your voice.

I feel very sad for you as a U2 fan that you feel that way :huh: :sad:

my experience and i'm allowed to have my view as is Bono and as are you. U2 will always be my fav and only band, and no it wasn't too loud for me at all i meant the echo was bad, i know they have always been political and always had an political agenda for this was just to much in my face this time, but i've seen other reviews like mine so i feel much better now as i'm not alone in these views. I get up today and first thing on the news was bono meeting costello would have been nice to see a review of their concert. But time's change and i'm over it obviously, maybe i'm wrong for caring about the people in my own country and the poverty here, the drought here, our farmers, people in the street, i think of them before i think of africa sorry. In saying that, i'm so glad the rest of you had a great experience, everyone experience's will be different that's what makes us individuals.

Mate, I wasn't trying to have a go at you. I just find it almost incomprehensible that a fan of over 20 years would feel compelled to leave a show early because they were so offput by around 5 mins of Bono's politcal agenda. I can understand you being disappointed about the sound as there are points in every outdoor venue that aren't great for sound quality but not enough to leave.

As I said I just feel sorry for you that you feel that way. What a shame that an event that left so many hundreds of thousands of people on such a high left you on such a low...:(

Maquaman said:
Mate, I wasn't trying to have a go at you. I just find it almost incomprehensible that a fan of over 20 years would feel compelled to leave a show early because they were so offput by around 5 mins of Bono's politcal agenda. I can understand you being disappointed about the sound as there are points in every outdoor venue that aren't great for sound quality but not enough to leave.

As I said I just feel sorry for you that you feel that way. What a shame that an event that left so many hundreds of thousands of people on such a high left you on such a low...:(

Well said :up:

I dont see how this concert was ANY different to any other tour that U2 have done of Australia in regards to the political message. I cant believe that after it takes U2 almost 9 years to get back to Australia you leave because you cant handle 5 mins of Bono speaking out. oh well your loss.. the rest of the show was spectacular, you missed out..
amazing. I would have given my right arm to have had the money to travel around the country to see them at every single show.

Roland of Gilead said:
I don't know what to say. This is the most unbelievable story I have ever read here in quite some time.

Agreed.

Weird too. Very weird...

Very weird indeed!! And why does this person feel it necessary to find a U2 site to post this odd review on? It's obvious he's not been around here long with only 20 posts. What's his motivation?

U2FloridaFan said:
Very weird indeed!! And why does this person feel it necessary to find a U2 site to post this odd review on? It's obvious he's not been around here long with only 20 posts. What's his motivation?
Trolling perhaps. He is entitled to his opinion though. If we just ignore it then the thread will die a natural death.

AndrewCowley said:

Trolling perhaps. He is entitled to his opinion though. If we just ignore it then the thread will die a natural death.

for some reason this made me chuckle. hehe.

but yes, odd post indeed...

Back
Top Bottom