16th November Tampa - St. Pete Times Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

The only thing I noticed was that the crowd was not as loud and the band seemed way louder than in Miami.

Crowd sounds great and really into it on the bootleg :lol:.

I think it must have been where we were sitting (re: the loudness of the sound mix) or the taper adjusted the levels, because I can hear a better balance on the bootleg so far if that makes sense :huh:

This was the least affecting show I've seen on this tour, doubly disappointing because I had brought with me five people who'd never seen U2 before. They all enjoyed themselves, but were aware that a lot of other people weren't that into it, and myself and two others who had seen the band before were actually appalled by the energy level of the people around us. And though the band played great, they didn't do themselves any favors by going with the quiet encores. Had they thrown in Zoo Station and The Fly after the break, they might have infused the crowd with a little more energy and pulled them back in. As it was, people were sitting and talking and going for beer and taking snapshots of each other. Which is about par for the course when it comes to Florida audiences, the worst I've ever encountered. But, hitting the audience with those slower songs after a ballad-heavy main set pretty much blew it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom