16th July Amsterdam – Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
16th july Amsterdam Arena

I just got back from a very hot Arena.

U2 played original of the species !!! first time ever live Bono added :):) For Herman Brood a Dutch artist who died 4 years ago. Bono gave Herman a cactus long ago.....i saw the cactus much later:)
And he sang a very good aria in Miss Sarajevo!!
Also who's gonna ride
and 40 was the last song, so that made my night.

My ears are still making noises. Arena has not the best acoustic but U2 just loves Holland. We gave them their fist no 1 hit ever:)

The playlist i dont know, it will be in shortly i think....

They all used the catwalks. Bono got lifted by some big guy who he got on the catwalk, which was very funny:)

I had a GREAT night. I prefered this one over 10 june in Brussels even though i was much closer to the stage then....

love from Holland

Dutchfan

Last edited:
Hi

It was a great concert.. i have made some nice pics. Some close-ups from edge,adam and bono.
When i have time i will post them later!:wave:

dutchfan said:
Good Idea!!
I was to far from the stage:)

Mijn email is: truffel3@hotmail.com
MIsschien wil je via msn wat fotos aan mij zenden? Ik hbe goede fotos van 10-06 brussel in retour:)

Hi,
I can try.. maar het is een 5 miljoen pixel foto, dus ik hoop dat je genoeg ruimte hebt.

I am at work now, so maybe i can try later.. tonight or tomorrow..

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Original of the Species:ohmy:
argh.. I was hoping they would play it when I was there (13th & 15th)
ah well :wink: *goes back to cdplayer*

Re: 16th july Amsterdam Arena

dutchfan said:
I just got back from a very hot Arena.

U2 played original of the species !!! first time ever live Bono added :):) For Herman Brood a Dutch artist who died 4 years ago. Bono gave Herman a cactus long ago.....i saw the cactus much later:)
And he sang a very good aria in Miss Sarajevo!!
Also who's gonna ride
and 40 was the last song, so that made my night.

My ears are still making noises. Arena has not the best acoustic but U2 just loves Holland. We gave them their fist no 1 hit ever:)

The playlist i dont know, it will be in shortly i think....

They all used the catwalks. Bono got lifted by some big guy who he got on the catwalk, which was very funny:)

I had a GREAT night. I prefered this one over 10 june in Brussels even though i was much closer to the stage then....

love from Holland

Dutchfan
the setlist was the second longest of the tour ;), and must be up there with the longest of there career

Re: 16th july Amsterdam Arena

dutchfan said:

U2 played original of the species !!! first time ever live Bono added :):)

They've played it during other shows (MSG for one).

Sounds like a great show though Dutchfan :)

Greety and I went to Amsterdam yesterday ( a 3 hour-drive) without having any tickets. We were gonna take a shot at it and arrived around 4.30pm at the Arena.

We walked around with one of those cardboard signs, saying "2 tix wanted" and got approached by a few people, offering tickets at outrageous prices.

So, we decided to have a seat near a U2-playing-café and we just relaxed and talked, planning on going to the box-offices at the start of the show to see if they'd sell some last-minute tickets.

About 30 minutes before the start of the show, we walked around and saw a little entrance where people with suitcases were entering the arena-they looked like professionals, artists, we didn't know.

All of a sudden, a woman from that group saw us and started walking towards us, then asked us where we were from and if we were looking for tickets.
Then : SHE JUST GAVE US 2 TICKETS / STANDING!!!!!
Just like that!
We couldn't believe it, thanked her hugged her, I swear I was at the verge of tears - SO KIND of her.

She said that she worked for a record company and they had a few spare tickets.

Greety and I were euphoric, extatic, needless to say!
20 minutes later, the show started! We had great spots, a lot of space to dance and rock out :)

I'm on cloud 589333 :)

A funny review from www.u2tours.com

Review by: Yung Soo

I got a chance to attend another U2 show. My friend Sung Yang really seems to like this band. I don't blame him. I recognized some songs they played tonight. I heard The Special Species and I heard All of This For You. I don't understand why people jump and down at this show. In fact, Bono held hand of a girl who was sitting next to me. They played my favorite song again: Sunday Bloody. A very angry song and the band looks like they do not like the crowd or themselves when they play it. It would be nice if U2 could play in North Korea. I really liked this band. Thank you to Sung for translating and taking me. I also liked the song 50.

:wink:

okies, here are some of my pics (made on saturday)

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Aardvark747 said:

I got a chance to attend another U2 show. My friend Sung Yang really seems to like this band. I don't blame him. I recognized some songs they played tonight. I heard The Special Species and I heard All of This For You. I don't understand why people jump and down at this show. In fact, Bono held hand of a girl who was sitting next to me. They played my favorite song again: Sunday Bloody. A very angry song and the band looks like they do not like the crowd or themselves when they play it. It would be nice if U2 could play in North Korea. I really liked this band. Thank you to Sung for translating and taking me. I also liked the song 50.

U2 playing in N Korea. Yes, that seems very likely. At least this person's spelling is impeccable. They had a good time, so that's all that matters!

The show started out a bit dissapointing for me. I was hoping for a repeat of Dublin 3 and when by song 2 they started playing IWF again I thought they were going to do the 1st night setlist again. WGRYWH was a welcome break, but one song does not make a for a major setlist upheaval. But by the time of Miss Sarajevo you knew, you may not get what you want but if you are lucky you get what you need.
Having been on the floor during the previous night show but on the 2nd ring way in the back this time I noticed that the sound was much better up there. Down near the front there is an annoying echo coming back from the rear. When the audience claps or sings you can hear the delay coming back. But way up in the back it sounded perfect with no echo's at all. In the true words of Dutch zen master Johan Cruyff, there is an advantage to every disadvantage.

Aardvark747 said:

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom