16 November 2006 Adelaide AAMI Stadium - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Show Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:01 PM
16 November 2006 Adelaide AAMI Stadium

Please post all reviews of the November 16th Adelaide show here.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 03:01 PM
I am writing this using a BlackBerry on the bus coming back from the show so direct from Adelaide to you...

And so the party rolls on. Call it the U218 tour all you like but criticise what the boys are doing on stage right now at your own risk.

Adelaide was great fun, like Sydney 3 it was a party. A slight variation on the setlist composition but no new songs. In just a few shows they are now playing confidently and most importantly they are so relaxed. Brisbane and especially Sydney 1 were a little lacking in fun and humour from the boys but they have found it now.

Musically all the songs were nailed tonight. Bono again pulled a kid out to sing the "no more" part of SBS and he can't help himself with finding a pretty girl to dance with in WOWY.

The highlight for me was the return of the 'proper' Zoo TV encores (Zoo Station + The Fly) and Stuck In A Moment for only the 2nd time in 5 shows.

The GA line and entry process was crap but I came up trumps again and scored a spot right in front of Edge's b-stage. A few big moments... Angel Of Harlem with Bono and Edge playing chasings around the stage and of course them singing together was unforgettable. Plus seeing Bono singing his balls off and looking right up into his face during SYCMIOYO was very special.

All in all equal best show so far. Up there with Sydney 2 and 3.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Old 11-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 03:31 PM
The line-up was great. Kanye West was great. U2 was FANTASTIC....

....and we were right up front, in just next to the ramp entry near The Edge. And that 'pretty girl' was with us, mate! Her name is Ashleigh, and the pictures are coming in about 5 minootsa.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewCowley
Plus seeing Bono singing his balls off and looking right up into his face during SYCMIOYO was very special.
There's nothing cooler at a U2 concert than being close enough to actually hear Bono sing.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 03:31 PM

Yes, they're crocks for photos (my Olympus' was chewing thru batteries and I ran out), but that's her WITH FRICKING BONO!

oh, and to verify that it IS with us, here's a pic of her (on the left) and my sister on the right, lining up. Woohoo!

Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 02:31 PM
The show in Adelaide was very tight, a great performance and Bono's vocals in fine form. At one point, Bono grabbed a pillow from someone in the audience and laid down on the stage!
He threw in the South Australian references, such as Glenelg and River Murray into the Middle 8 of Beautiful Day.
An amusing note though, when it came time for the mobile phones to come out at the start of One (and it looked fantastic) Bono referred to the stadium as Telstra, not AAMI! Must have briefly forgotten where he was!
Very good show though, I was next to the B-stage on Edge's side, and seeing your heros just a couple of metres away from you is an amazing experience.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChargedVT
Bono referred to the stadium as Telstra, not AAMI! Must have briefly forgotten where he was!
AAMI is squeezed in between Telstra Stadium & the Telstra Dome. Probably assumes it's just what we call big buildings here. When in Sydney he mentioned Telstra half a dozen times during each show. Kinda made me cringe thinking of dozens of Telstra executives watching the concert from a box, high fiving every time they get an endorsement of sorts.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChargedVT
I was next to the B-stage on Edge's side, and seeing your heros just a couple of metres away from you is an amazing experience.
Me too. Agreed. When standing there are some big moments when they are so close.