14th November Miami - American Airlines Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miami

Last night at the American Airlines Arena was incredible. The crowd gave them love, and in return we were treated to one of the finest shows of the tour!
First off, let me say I've never posted here before, although I'm a member for a while, but after meeting so many fans who primarily DO post here I decided to give it a go.
Sunday night had the house roaring and the boys feeding off the energy, and Monday night they blasted off! Edge, Adam and Bono all smiling and getting off on the crowd, Larry even covered his ears after Streets b/c the crowd did not stop cheering. We were loud and happy and lovin every minute of it.
I was lucky enough to see them in Italy this summer, where Bono proclaimed the Italians to be the most passionate fans in the world. But on Sunday and Monday, Miami may have taken that title.
It was a blast meeting the ladies on this site, keep in touch, and I swear I'll figure how to post the front row pics I've got.
Love & Peace,
Toni

i only went to the sunday one, which was my first ever, Ellipse, between bono and edge, i was leaning against the crowd barricade, best time ever, i went with my dad, edge and adam winked at me when i smiled at them, i wanted to go onstage and play with the boys, but i guess they were in some sort of a rush, dallas gave me a guitarpick which i think it says adam on one side.

when i saw bono drive by us (GA line) i cried, inside mostly, had the biggest lump in my throat, first time i ever saw my musical and personal heroes, very surreal. i feel that my fandom has drastically changed, in a more profound way, wow

I totally agree with your review of the shows.

Miami 1 was a great u2 show..

Miami 2.. was a religious experience. There was just somthing in the air last night and the stars must have just lined up perfectly. The audience was on fire. It was louder in Miami than I have heard in Boston or Montreal (the cities that previously held the record based on my own experience). The band just seemed so happy to be playing.

What a night! Songs that made my day.. Original, acoustic Walk On, and Bad.

I am on cloud 9 right now. Musically, this was probably the best concert I have seen U2 play. And as far as the whole package, out of 17 U2 shows I have been to total.. I think this will fluxuate between the 1 and 2 spot.

If anyone wants to see my pics from last night.. drop my an email. I will send you a link to my snapfish account.

tofubeast "at" yahoo.com

cheers!
danielle

rudybay said:
last but not least, i met some great people in the GA line, theyre part of the whole experience

It was really great meeting you rudybay. I was so happy to see you in the ellipse!!!

And Toni, I'm glad you decided to take the plunge and post. It was great meeting you!!!

Last edited:
I flew in from Tampa for the Sunday show with a Chilean classmate, who, like me, had never seen U2 live before. We had level 300 seats , so we waited outside the arena for the band to show up .We waited from about 4 to 5:30,then had to leave as my friend was hungry, turns out we missed Bono due to that!
Anyway, we got to our seats at about 6:30 , sat through all of Institute’s set, saw Dallas checking the Guitars, etc.The arena seemed a bit empty even at 8:30 and most people on our section were really laid back , which had me really worried if they’d even stand when U2 got on stage!
But I shouldn’t have worried as everyone shot up as “wake up” started.COBL ,Vertigo and elevation went by in a flash. Mysterious ways was a big surprise and the lighting and effects were great.UTEOTW really rocked. “Still haven’t found…” was next and I think we sang at least half the song.BD was very well done too. The lighting during MD was amazing. really out of this world, edge was jumping around as well, great performance.
SYCMIOYO was very emotional as it was Bob Hewson’s Birthday-a moving performance. LAPOE was fantastic; Bono even dived into the crowd during this.SBS was amazing with the “rock the Casbah” snippet, the whole place was “going off”,as Bono would say.
” Bullet” was done very well, very eerie, and Bono missed the Mic stand by a mile, and had to pointed in the right direction!
Bono again nailed “Miss Sarajevo” and the crowd roared its approval after Bono’s flawless opera singing. “Pride” was great with everyone on their feet and singing at the top of their voices, leading perfectly into “Streets” after which the crowd was cheering really loudly for a long time which was truly a sight to behold. The part where the camera zooms in on Bono’s face during “One” and you can see the fans was very innovative and touching I thought, really drove the point of the song home. The crowd was deafening as the band left the stage, and they re-emerged to play “Stuck “ and WGRYWH both favorites of my friend, who was overjoyed to hear them.WOWY was solid , and it was great to see all the couples hugging each other and enjoying the song, very romantic.
The second encore brought ABOY, Yahweh and 40, which was a great end to a great show. The crowd continued to Chant “How long…” for a long time and even as everyone left the arena!
All in all, this first-time experience was everything I had hoped for and more…now I have experienced what everyone raves about for myself. I was blown away by the band and the crowd. Thanks U2 and Miami for an amazing time.
I’ll off to St.Pete Times forum early morning tomorrow to try and score a last minute ticket-wish me luck!

It was really great meeting you rudybay. I was so happy to see you in the ellipse!!!

i hope i can see you in mexico Rambling Rose, 4th leg, you've gotta go to at least one of the mexico shows, there's now a slight chance that we're gonna go to one of them concerts, i really hope so :huh:

Here are a couple of my pics from sunday

Bono standing on the rail during Love and Peace:
e3d_DSC01508.JPG

a59_DSC01510.JPG

Streets: :drool:

4b8_DSC01523.JPG

I posted this in u2tours.com

My fifth and final show of the Vertigo Tour. What a way to end the tour for me. After being in the first three shows in Boston in the first leg, I wasn´t expecting something better in the Miami shows, but I was wrong. The energy that the band brought was unbelievable.

I had a GA ticket and I was alone. I arrived the arena at 7:45 pm and there were no people in line. I tried to persue two couples to try to get in the ellipse as a group but they didn´t understand and a couple even got mad at me. So I just went in because I knew my chances to get to the ellipse were almost to impossible. My ticket was scanned and got into the ellipse for the second straight night, I couldn´t believe it. There were a couple of girls behind me that I didnt know but I brought them to the ellipse. They didn´t know what was going on, because they had no idea about the ellipse. When we got inside they almost fainted. It was great to share that experience to be in the ellipse for the first time with other people, and made me remember my first time in the heart in the elevation tour.

Because I was alone I was moving all the time inside the ellipse. It had at least 60-70 more people than the day before. Security inside of the ellipse was null on this show, compared to the night before when for the first time I saw staff checking for people without the wristband and making people to stop smoking. This night people bribed their way into the ellipse. Even a person who had no GA ticket, with $60 bucks got to the ellipse.

The Miami crowd was just amazing. I went to the first two elevations shows in Miami and they werent very loud, so this took me by surprise. After Streets people went nuts. It was like two minutes of constant standing ovation that Bono didn´t know how to stop it, and every second was getting louder and louder, just amazing. Bono even said at one point that they wont forget that night.

I liked the setlist better than the night before. I will follow was amazing, and the complete version of orginal of the species also. It was great to see the fly again, and bad as a closer, you couldnt ask for more.

The Vertigo tour for me was just amazing. After 5 shows, 4 inside of the ellipse (very lucky) I can said that I like this tour better than elevation. It´s amazing that as they get older they are bringing more energy to the shows. Thanks U2 I hope to see them again not in a distant future. Thanks fuser for sharing the amazing experience of the vertigo tour!

Well, after Miami I was fortunate enough to get a last minute ticket to Tampa, a GA no less, and SCANNED IN AGAIN! I should buy a lotto ticket! This time I was directly under Adam (under Edge for Miami II). Great location for both shows, but without a doubt Miami II rocked harder and happier.
It's so great to meet other U2 family, thanks Rose and Hippie and Sheila and all who made these shows the best. Now, I'm going underground to study for the bar. Wish me luck!

Spontonious said:

It's so great to meet other U2 family, thanks Rose and Hippie and Sheila and all who made these shows the best. Now, I'm going underground to study for the bar. Wish me luck!

:up: :rockon:

It was great to meet you, too Toni! :hug: I didn't know you were in Tampa as well! I was right on the rail in front of Edge!

Best of luck studying for the bar!

I may be a bit late, but that was one kick ass show. It was my first U2 concert, and it seems like I chose to go to one of the better performances of the concert. The crowd was...incredible. I don't know if its because we're all a bunch of loud, rowdy Cubans, or if the stars had alligned (cliche, I know) to give the crowd it's energy. The whole show was amazing, but what capped it was Bad. I had sung along the whole show until Bad...by then, I just stood in amazement, in awe of how lucky I was, and how great of a show U2 can put.

Bono make a fifth leg, stadium tour!

Back
Top Bottom