12th February 2006 Monterrey - Estadio Tecnológico - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Show Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:29 AM
12th February 2006 Monterrey - Estadio Tecnológico

Please post all reviews of the February 12th show here.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:31 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 08:29 AM
ok here is the setlist with details

Vertigo
I Will follow
Electric Co- bullet with butterfly wings/see me feel me
Elevation.
Beautiful day-blackbird but only first verse then change to something else but I don't know what
I Still Haven’t Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Original of the species- (the images were amazing and Bono played guitar that we could actually hear
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own-no introductions Edge simply started playing the notes after being given his guitar
Bad / Celito Lindo Snippet- simply amazing the whole stadium continued singing
Love peace or else- as always great but I sure Larry was offbeat
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky- hands that built america snippet
Miss Sarajevo- amazing, no introduction again and Bono got a girl up with him who was actually next to me, and sang most of the song except for the italian verses
Human rights declaration
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name- Southamerican Flags which was pretty cool
One- short intro in spanish no cellphone text messages
Until The End Of The World- Edge was great really got into it
Mysterious Ways- great crowd pleaser got another gorgoues gir with him
With Or Without You- same girl with Bono
Yahweh
Vertigo 2- yes I know a lot of people will complain about this but it really got the crowd way more than the first time

Sorry if I don't make sense I haven't sleep since friday being in line which was actually kind of fun except for the cold weather, I really didn't see much cameras like in the states or europe, most people were only using their cellphones and I'm quite certain that being the only guy with camera in one of the circles of the ellipse in Adams side, actually annoyed a bit both Bono and Adams but that was my impression, anyway I got some nice pics and one of them will make the newspaper tomorrow of one of the girls bono picked. Bono cut most intros for sometimes, original, miss sarajevo, which I find it quite strange as most people in Monterrey actually speak english at least at some level, but the intro to one in spanish was really cool. the crowd was great but I don't think it will compare to the ones in Mexico City

Old 02-13-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Thank you for all the details!
Old 02-13-2006, 01:33 AM   #4
An Interferer

Yes.
Thank you.
For having your review up so quick, Mofo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo
Miss Sarajevo- amazing, no introduction again and Bono got a girl up with him who was actually next to me, and sang most of the song except for the italian verses

The girl sang most of the song except for the italian verses?

Or Bono didn't sing the Italian verses?

very interesting if it's the later.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo
anyway I got some nice pics
Would to see them.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:42 AM   #5
War Child

ellipse??? Was there a lottery? Do tell...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Ahhhh...its so good to have them back, even if it isn't our country. Setlist hasnt changed much.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
Refugee

Hi Guys sorry if I wasn't clear yesterday, Bono did sang all miss sarajevo, but when he started the italian verses he said goodbye to the girl and was helped by security to get down, what really cut my attention was that when he was at the tip a guy was by the rail showing him the lyrics on pieces of paper, I saw him until the italian verses I don't know if he was there for the whole song.

As of today there's huge articles in the papers with great reviews and I don't think the rolling stones will get this kind of attention

my memory of streets it's a bit foggy because in that moment I was talking to a woman from the newspaper in here who wanted some pics of the girl with Bono, however the screens did turn red at the end of the song and Adams came by the rail we were at.

The soundcheck was quite extensive one day before, Bono did the first songs from Vertigo to Sometimes.. and then fooled around for some songs and in Bad he did the lou reed snippet of walk on the wild side which was pretty cool to hear. The Edge later on did some verses or chorus so my guess is that Bono got off that stage at some point

All Because of You was rehearsed but I think it was cut at the last minute between Yawheh and Vertigo

Oh and at the zootv segment in the jackpot vicente fox, president of Mexico was shown, and he didn't got a nice reaction pretty much like Bush and Blair in Europe

I'll have more details as they come in! gotta go to work
Old 02-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Was there a Bono/Edge chase in Until the End of the World like on the 3rd leg?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:35 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

From U2log:

U2 opens the 4th leg of its Vertigo Tour in Monterrey, the band's first show in Mexico since 1997. At the start of I Still Haven't Found..., Bono apologizes for being gone so long. Beautiful Day includes a bit of the Rolling Stones' 'She's a Rainbow.' Bad ends with Bono singing a bit of a traditional Mexican song. Before the show, police seize counterfeit merchandise outside the stadum, leading to a confrontation with merchants. One officer shoots his gun into the air to maintain control of the situation.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by djerdap
Was there a Bono/Edge chase in Until the End of the World like on the 3rd leg?

no chase, Edge was at the tip of the left rail for the solo and Bono at the main stage.

I didn't know about the shooting apparently a police man made a shot up to the air just to "calm" things down with the people selling stuff, the piracy in here is ridiculous, its a shame shit like this (the shooting) gives Mexico a bad image and takes attention from the concert

oh at the end the last ones to leave the stage were Larry and Adams who got a huge ovation, Larry even going to the edge of the main stage with a huge grin on his face

On Streets I don't know what but something made Adam laugh and the he lean to some guys next to me and have them touch their bass
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Thanks, Mofo, for your detailed answers.
Just one more question:
As I understood it, the visuals on Until the End of the World were the same as in Zoo Station. Was there a minicamera on stage in which Bono recited the lyrics? (Zoo Station, 2nd leg style?)
Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #12
Refugee

I think the visuals were a bit different more like a countdown with different images, I have some pics of that song because the screen looked great, as soon as I have the pics up I'll put the link
Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2
From U2log:

U2 opens the 4th leg of its Vertigo Tour in Monterrey, the band's first show in Mexico since 1997. At the start of I Still Haven't Found..., Bono apologizes for being gone so long. Beautiful Day includes a bit of the Rolling Stones' 'She's a Rainbow.' Bad ends with Bono singing a bit of a traditional Mexican song. Before the show, police seize counterfeit merchandise outside the stadum, leading to a confrontation with merchants. One officer shoots his gun into the air to maintain control of the situation.
When was this? there was so many bootleg merchandise that one could have mistaken the place for carnival.

I bought a cool scarf and some stickers. Some of the tshirts were nice and they had some africa bullseyes there.

I didn't hear any gun shots.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #15
Refugee

Mofo,

I need pix!! didn't have a camera since GAGV decided not to sneak one in after they kept saying no and no and no.

For those asking, Bono had two telepromters as well as pieces of papers with lyrics and his lines in Spanish. I saw him look at the teleprompters often and Edge and Adam glanced at them as well.