10th July Paris ­ Stade de France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two excellent shows in Paris! The crowd were great both nights, probably deserved to hear Bad on the 10th...would love to know why they dropped it? One of my top 3 U2 songs, so disappointed...it happened to me at Philly 2 also, that Bad was on the setlist and not played...oh well, I got it at Croke 3:up:

Bono was talking a lot, mostly in French, which the hometown folk took to with great vigour!

He did tell a poignant story at the end of Sometimes about going drinking with his dad in Paris 10 years ago when Bono ended up drunk and his father had to put him to bed like a 5 year old...and as he fell to sleep, he could hear his father singing to him..."Take me back to the black hills, the black hills of Dakota."

He also sang some opera, haha! Don't ask me what piece...

Great shows, great crowd, great stadium...lousy GA organisation, though!

One other mention for the crowd singing 'Happy Birthday' to Holly (?) Bono's god-daughter...once in English and then 'Bon Anniversaire' the B-man got a great response to his request, as usual...

Also, Zinedine Zidane was in the crowd somewhere, anybody spot him :wink:

KBRY said:
One other mention for the crowd singing 'Happy Birthday' to Holly (?) Bono's god-daughter...once in English and then 'Bon Anniversaire' the B-man got a great response to his request, as usual...

I thought he sang for her in NY, maybe that was for another god-daughter's birthday (how many does this man have:ohmy: )

Popmartijn said:

Well, Edge has a lot of kids. :wink:

Hi Marty :wave:

I know but i thought since he originally wrote this song for Hollie (who is his godchild), I asumed he sang it for her birthday in NY. I don't think Bono has more than one god-daughter in Edge's family.
Maybe Larry's daughter is another godchild.

BTW how was Dublin for you??

Back
Top Bottom