10th December Cleveland - Gund Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
Bono-"It was 25 years ago to the day that John Lennon was shot and killed"

Cleveland Audience erupts into huge applause.

Good place for the golf clap. But Cleveland seemed quite happy to loudly cheer the man's death.

:|

:confused: :applaud:

Miroslava said:
One too many! :reject:

Whaddaya mean 'one too many'!! Better you twice (a real fan) than some girl who is a 'casual' fan and doesn't appreciate it!

maureen

mobailey said:

Whaddaya mean 'one too many'!! Better you twice (a real fan) than some girl who is a 'casual' fan and doesn't appreciate it!

maureen

Aw. Thanks.

And well, I alone was there with 4 beautiful, serious U2 fans that would have appreciated it very much. And that was only in my group. So I guess that is what I meant. :D

Thank you though :hug:

mynameisjaime said:
What about the With or Without You chick?
:mad:

I'd rate the show a 9/10...
The Pittsburgh show in October gets a 10/10.

What about her? :hmm:

Last edited:
Oohhh...I think there's gonna be a rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miro--LOVE the new avatar!
I gotta ask: did he smell good (not in a cologne-y way, but in a like "Wow, so this is what this person smells like" way)?
I have a thing about smells...A girl can ask, can't she?:shrug:

OH, and just a side note--My sister, who has been to a U2 concert before (13 years ago) is a total convert now. She's been in a funk with the rest of us. She says it feel slike she broke up with her boyfriend :(
I think it was the Beatles/Lennon songs that did it. When they started with Norwegian Wood, I thought she was gonna lose it! I was so happy that she got to go to THIS show--it was perfect for her. Plus, she used to go to a lot of punk shows (Korn, Marilyn Manson, etc.), so with us being up on the rail, she said she was expecting the surge. She's still shocked that it didn't happen. I told her that U2 fans are different. We're good people! :)

No rumble! :lol: Just curious as to what about the WOWY girl...

As for the smell. He was au naturel. No detectable cologne at all. He smelled earthy and salty and lickable

I am leaving it there :shifty:

And thanks... was debating whether to change it or not, but I couldn't sleep last night, so I made those.

lickable...
OK, I'll be awake tonight just thinking about that! :drool:
You are SO the woman! :bow:

Yeah, I'm curious about what mynameisjaime's mad face means...

Yes, keep the avatar and bottom pic. Then I can be jealous every time I see one of your posts! (no, actually, I'll just remember watching y'all up on the screen--I was on the rail outside the ellipse with a security guard's head in my line of sight, so you two were all in black and white!)

And I'm sure I know what was keeping you from sleeping last night...and I'm leaving that there!:silent:

Miroslava,
Has anyone ever told you that you look like Sarah MacLaughlin (the singer...not sure if I spelled her name right!)? I've only seen you in your avatar pics so I can't say for sure!
Love that new avatar!
maureen

mobailey said:
Miroslava,
Has anyone ever told you that you look like Sarah MacLaughlin (the singer...not sure if I spelled her name right!)? I've only seen you in your avatar pics so I can't say for sure!
Love that new avatar!
maureen

:lol:

No, that is a completely new one...

I wont even mention which one I get the most often cause it is so completely preposterous it is not even funny...

And around here/GA lines, I seem to get Ali a lot, but then again so does every girl with dark hair, dark eyes and olive-y skin :lol:

And thanks, I think I love my AV/Signature too :drool:

I just looked at your pics in the Dancing Girls forum...you don't look like her but you are just as pretty!

mobailey said:
I just looked at your pics in the Dancing Girls forum...you don't look like her but you are just as pretty!

:reject:

Thanks! :hug:

And I keep telling everyone I look nothing like her :shrug:

:lol:

Hi guys

Does anybody know what was the name of the openning band that night ? I think they were pretty cool...

I can't believe it was a year, either. My sis and I were just being sad about that on Thanksgiving. We had those tix for NINE months last year--it was something to look forward to. This year? pfffft. At least there's been lots of CD/DVD releases!

Sis is so funny tho--she keeps saying "Next tour, we're travelin'" (meaning, getting multiple tix and going to many, many shows). I've created a monster!

I, too, was at the Cleveland concert on year ago- my third and final of the tour and the last of my savings! However, I met my boyfriend at the show in the ellipse- one year later and still together- pretty great souvenir!

I agree with your sister, enggirl, time to start saving for the next tour!

yeah i couldnt be at a more peaceful state right now..just ended the tour and 1 year anniversary ONE tear shed..I am so greatful to U2 and what they have given me in life..unbelievable

now if we could only find a cleveland bootleg lol

I was thinking about it all day, what a coincidence... at least in our time zone, the concert ended a year to the day from my last concert. Thanks for the memories, U2. Hope to see you soon.

BEVERLY56 said:
I was thinking about it all day, what a coincidence... at least in our time zone, the concert ended a year to the day from my last concert. Thanks for the memories, U2. Hope to see you soon.

Me too....I swear at about 9:00 I listened to 'Wake Up' and then started listening to the 'Communication' CD.

I was also thinking about my friend Scott, who is supposed to bring me back a T-shirt from Hawaii. AND how cold it was waiting in line for the Cleveland show. Good times.

Well U2---get some rest...make some new music---we'll see you soon.

Back
Top Bottom