04th December, Boston, TD Banknorth Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a photo of Edge jamming on top of the amp behind Larry during the end of Until The End of The World?

Bono finished running by that point and the three of them were right behind Larry all together looking down at him. Would have been a great picture.

I do.:wave:

I'll post it later today, whenever my brother will let me back on his computer were my pictures are uploaded.

Here are the pictures of Edge on the amp, very cool!

100_2283.jpg

100_2284.jpg

redlight30 said:
The best part of "One" was when the flag bearers were being brought up, one girl was trying to get one of the flags from the crowd and somone would not let go. So she tries to get Bono's attention and have him intervene to let the person let go.

ooh ooh, that was me that was me!! :hyper:

actually i was trying to get bono to get my friend up who was holding onto the other end of the flag and security were pushing her back and wouldn't let her up. Bono made sure she got up though which was cool... i almsot crapped myself after i got his attention though cause i did it by tapping the end of his guitar and for a split second there i was like "wtf? what have you done, don't touch the guitar he's gonna kill you!!"
but he didn't and got my friend out the crowd so it was all cool!

digsy said:
i almsot crapped myself after i got his attention though cause i did it by tapping the end of his guitar and for a split second there i was like "wtf? what have you done, don't touch the guitar he's gonna kill you!!"
:tsk: touching the man's Irish Falcon.

Ah yes, he didn't kill you at all. Instead, you guys got a great reaction
3458254723232%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3257%3E945%3E662%3EWSNRCG%3D323339%3B%3A3634%3Cnu0mrj

digsy said:
ooh ooh, that was me that was me!! :hyper:

actually i was trying to get bono to get my friend up who was holding onto the other end of the flag and security were pushing her back and wouldn't let her up. Bono made sure she got up though which was cool... i almsot crapped myself after i got his attention though cause i did it by tapping the end of his guitar and for a split second there i was like "wtf? what have you done, don't touch the guitar he's gonna kill you!!"

He didn't even "Shh" you! :p

Digsy - how cool! My wife was crying wishing it was her! Great story to tell your kids down the road!!

I probably would have grabbed the guitar and ran!!

Dreadsox said:
Santa was very happy standing two deep in front of the Edge. It will be my favorite show for eternity. I cannot imagine it gets any better than last night.

Agreed, although Hawaii should be pretty amazing, even if it's not in my hometown like this one.

Re: Most Incredible Weekend of my Life

mkzoots said:
this will be my first reply - I have been a U2 fan since I got my first CD player and Joshua tree was the first CD I purchased to go with it. I have always been busy in a weird way when previous tours came around. The last three times U2 came through Boston I could never get tix. This year I was determined - U2 tix went on sale the same day Red Sox tix went on sale but I decided to get up at 5am and wait at Filenes for U2. After the lottery I went from being 8th in line to 3rd from last. I then went home and tried on line for nothing - Red Sox and U2.

Same thing happened in my house, my father was hogging all the phone lines and the internet connection get Red Sox tickets (which normally I wouldn't have minded) but that left me with nothing :( , then in about March when they were selling October tickets I was prepared and I got through...but for December shows that had just been added and I was a bit confused, but willing to take anything at that point...it was worth the wait to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom