Yokohama, Japan shows rumored for April 4-5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halup

Refugee
U2log.com is listing rumored dates for Japan on April 4-5 in Yokohama, which is just outside of Tokyo. Perhaps another city will be added as well if the rumored date for Honolulu (April 14) is correct.

Well Yokohama and Tokyo are basically the same metropolis these days - just one huge city. Tokyo proper only has the old Olympic Stadium and the Dome as far as stadiums go, while Yokohama has the 80,000+ seat International Stadium built for the 2002 World Cup - so it doesnt surprise me they are playing there...

I'd expect Osaka will get shows - possibly Hiroshima (would tie in well with the whole Atoimic Bomb thing, no? :)) or Fukuoka. I am surprised Korea isnt getting a show as most big acts visit Seoul.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Well Yokohama and Tokyo are basically the same metropolis these days - just one huge city. Tokyo proper only has the old Olympic Stadium and the Dome as far as stadiums go, while Yokohama has the 80,000+ seat International Stadium built for the 2002 World Cup - so it doesnt surprise me they are playing there...

I'd expect Osaka will get shows - possibly Hiroshima (would tie in well with the whole Atoimic Bomb thing, no? :)) or Fukuoka. I am surprised Korea isnt getting a show as most big acts visit Seoul.

For some reason I just had this whole Hiroshima (Japan) / Pearl Harbor (HI) epiphany with the album title, HTDAAB, suddenly being more relevant than ever!

Yokohama is 30 minutes away from center Tokyo, it seems logical to put it in the new stadium.

U2 plans on doing a Japan tour. I see them only doing 4-5 of April. Why? The Sydney show ends on the 1st, 2 days off. Hawaii date is set for the 8th, 2 days off before it. So I'm saying there will be 2 shows in Yokohama. Like in there past Japan leg tour 93' and 98' they only did 2 shows each. 93 2 shows in Tokyo and in 98 one in Osaka and one in Tokyo. 2 big stadium shows in Yokohama. Bullet train will take care the Osaka crowd.

Back
Top Bottom