yesterdays show not sold out?? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,351
Local Time: 11:40 PM
yesterdays show not sold out??

just read over on atu2's blog that there was about 1000 empty seats around the place, if not more,

is this true? does this reflect on U2's popularity in the U.S.?
__________________

__________________
KUEFC09U2 is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
does this reflect on U2's popularity in the U.S.?
No.
__________________

__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways


No.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
War Child
 
i_love_adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: leading a real life. Gone.
Posts: 531
Local Time: 11:40 PM
All seats were sooooold out. People are just clamouring for tickets, you won't believe it. Honestly! U2 BOOSTS TOURISM. People travel across states to watch U2 in the US. I have considered crossing continents to watch them. "Yes, I'm about to catch a 14 hour flight to Portland to watch U2 soon"
__________________
i_love_adam is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man


Well, it doesn't.
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,362
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by i_love_adam
All seats were sooooold out. People are just clamouring for tickets, you won't believe it. Honestly! U2 BOOSTS TOURISM. People travel across states to watch U2 in the US. I have considered crossing continents to watch them. "Yes, I'm about to catch a 14 hour flight to Portland to watch U2 soon"
I came over from Australia for the first 6 shows...and others have gone to Boston, New York ect.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002


I came over from Australia for the first 6 shows...and others have gone to Boston, New York ect.
I will be making the trek just for Omaha.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,362
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius


I will be making the trek just for Omaha.
I was gonna head over again just for Portland....but Nah!....
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #9
Refugee
 
victor_f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,206
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Re: yesterdays show not sold out??

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
just read over on atu2's blog that there was about 1000 empty seats around the place, if not more,

is this true? does this reflect on U2's popularity in the U.S.?
It shows how many tickets were in the hands of the scalpers. Maybe they were unable to sell.
__________________
victor_f is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 11:18 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,585
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Re: yesterdays show not sold out??

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
empty seats
Revisiting Popmart?
__________________
U2FanPeter is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Re: Re: yesterdays show not sold out??

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter


Revisiting Popmart?
Wow, that is exactly what it means. This tour is a failure because there were some empty seats at the Vegas show! My God they should cancel the rest of the tour! I'm assuming you were joking and so am I. At least I hope you were joking.

Every show has soldout. Last night was as well. U2 collected all their money, sounds like some people didnt show and/or scalpers overestimated what they could scalp at ridiculous prices.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #12
New Yorker
 
u2wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clinton, NY
Posts: 2,629
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: yesterdays show not sold out??

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Wow, that is exactly what it means. This tour is a failure because there were some empty seats at the Vegas show! My God they should cancel the rest of the tour! I'm assuming you were joking and so am I. At least I hope you were joking.

Every show has soldout. Last night was as well. U2 collected all their money, sounds like some people didnt show and/or scalpers overestimated what they could scalp at ridiculous prices.
and who gets screwed?

Joe Fan
__________________
u2wedge is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #13
The Fly
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 193
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Re: yesterdays show not sold out??

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
just read over on atu2's blog that there was about 1000 empty seats around the place, if not more,

is this true? does this reflect on U2's popularity in the U.S.?
No, it reflects on the power of gambling. People were stuck on the slot machines or crap tables.
__________________
bigwali is offline  
Old 11-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pop Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 5,029
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Every ticket that went on sale to the public sold out. I hear a lot of the "high roller" seats set aside went unclaimed though, that and the unbought scalper seats (seems like a lot of tix dropped yesterday, hence the scalpers took a bath) would account for the empties...
__________________
Pop Artist is online now  
Old 11-05-2005, 02:58 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cleazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo
Posts: 6,519
Local Time: 06:40 PM
A quick count on ticketsnow shows 326 tickets currently listed for tonight's show. I'm kind of surprised the prices haven't dropped lower. Also, there are 2 tickets available for Monday night's show!!
Quote:
Every ticket that went on sale to the public sold out.
Yep. I tried to get tickets via ticketmaster a few months ago, because I figured these would be cool shows to go to, but I was never able to.
__________________

__________________
cleazer is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com