Winnipeg Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got Motley Crue to add a date in Winnipeg thanks to a petition. Hopefully U2 will do the same. :hmm:

I heard some interesting news on Power 97 this afternoon. It seems that Loch Cross talked to the "Powers that be" to find out the chance of U2 playing Winnipeg. He was told 50/50!

He also mentioned the petition and how they were going to put a link on their website to it and promote it on the radio. He said they will send the petetion to Principle as well as the PM (since Paul is on a 1st name basis with Bono :giggle:

It actually is on power 97's web site but the link doesn't work. I am trying to to give them the right link.:confused: :slant:

16 signatures..hmm...perhaps this should have been started a year ago or more..at this pace Winnipeg will get a show in 2009.

U2 Farewell Tour Live from Albuquerque!!!

Not trying to be an ass (I live in a state U2 played once in 1986) but 309 barely fills the egg. Get the prime minister involved!

cmb737 said:
Not trying to be an ass (I live in a state U2 played once in 1986) but 309 barely fills the egg. Get the prime minister involved!

I e-mailed him the link yesterday.:giggle:

Last edited:
Bono's Betty Please read this:

I just talked to Lochlin cross on the phone. he wants me to tell you to email him as soon as possible at lcross@power97.com. he needs to aks you something about the petition. thanks.

What did lochlin want? He said he was going to do something with the petition. what was it? Its crazy how were gonna hit 1,000 in under 2 days.

U2 come to Winnipeg!

I don't know what he wants yet. he gave me his number and we have been playing phone tag ever since. I'm kinda interested to find out though. What did he tell you?

He just told me he wanted to do something with the petition and he had to talk to the person who started it. So please talk to him and tell me whats going on.

how would someone know the email address of principal managment. I wish i had this info. Bonos Betty lets bring U2 to Winnipeg.

Well if they had a web site or something the e-mail address would be there. I have the address but no e-mail. I was thinking of maybe having the petition printed and then i could fed ex it. I don't know how long i should wait. How many sigs do you think? Oh, thetitans2k your gonna love this someone from cky news e-mailed me and he wants to talk to me. I e-mailed him back nothing yet.

I dont know how many sigs we should get but I wonder what CKY wants. This would be wicked if we could get it on the news. We need another push other than power 97.

it would help out a ton!!!:dancing: This is all so crazy. I didn't think it was going to be such a big deal. I have also e-mailed every radio station in Winnipeg but i guess since power 97 is on it they don't want to. i'm like obsessed with this thing. I check the sigs all the time. How bout you?

me too. Its taking over my life. Hopefully it will actually work. Have you emailed Kevin donnelly of the Mts Centre. He probably contacts the U2 managment.

I e-mailed someone at the MTS centre a few days ago but it wasn't kevin donnelly. Maybe that is what i should do. We need to get enough sigs so that i could send it soon before other areas send theirs because u2 wont care once they recieve so many petitions. I would like to be the first one they recieve. It would have more of an impact I think. i just noticed brazil has one going too. How long have they had it going for? they have like 3000 and something already and I never seen it on there before. Well our petition is still in the top ten on that site though.

It doesnt really matter about Brazil. They will definetly not be going to South America on this tour. But for sure email Kevin Donnelly.

Back
Top Bottom