Why not Philadelphia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petrocs

Babyface
I know I am being greedy since some places have only gotten one show but how come Boston, Chicago, Toronto and New York get 3+ shows and Philly only gets 2? Any theories? I see they are passing through Boston and New York 2 seperate times this leg.
Also...any thoughts on the boys coming back and showing us some of that stadium show in the summer? I heard rumors but nothing confirmed. Thoughts on that as well..

I don't think its selfish or greedy at all. I feel the same way. Makes me think my town is inferior to the other towns, or not as well liked. But then again if they did 5 shows at every stop, they would be worn out. I still think 5 straight shows at MSG is a little much. Give some other people besides New Yorkers a chance to see the band, there are just as loud crowds elsewhere. Oh well, I already sound bitter, but just letting you know you're not alone in your sentiments. :wink:

lets not give U2 the credit of 100% planning their own tour lol.. they have people that do that. Boston is understandable because its a main area in New England so there is a lot of people interested and only one main place to really perform (same theory with why the red sox are so popular..only team in the area)

for msg.. it is the place to see a show.. only people who have been to them will understand what i mean. NYC is also a busy place so people can travel and stay. Also, NYC and NJ draw people from philly and all over.

this is just the business itself. sorry

timothius said:

The People's Democratic Republic of Congo never had one.

Be happy you got more than that.

Somaliland isn't even acknowledged as a country.

The people of the PDR of Congo should be happy they got more than that.

Axver said:

Australia got none.

Be happy you got more than that.

I actually almost included that in my post, believe it or not!

inmyplace13 said:

I actually almost included that in my post, believe it or not!

:lol: But you knew I'd then have no way to reply to you by mimicking your post, right? :wink:

oh well...I'm still going to Vegas in November to see them and NYC in November..maybe Boston now that I see tickets are still available but damn...I wish I could cut down on the travel and see em a few more times in Philly

petrocs said:
I know I am being greedy since some places have only gotten one show but how come Boston, Chicago, Toronto and New York get 3+ shows and Philly only gets 2? Any theories? I see they are passing through Boston and New York 2 seperate times this leg.
Also...any thoughts on the boys coming back and showing us some of that stadium show in the summer? I heard rumors but nothing confirmed. Thoughts on that as well..

Philadelphia got 4 U2 shows this year! Thats the most Philadelphia has ever had on any U2 tour!

I was making a comparison to other major cities and why they got more shows than Philly

petrocs said:
I was making a comparison to other major cities and why they got more shows than Philly

Well, Philly is much smaller than New York... :shrug:

DC is twice as large and it got half the shows, so go figure...

Axver said:

:lol: But you knew I'd then have no way to reply to you by mimicking your post, right? :wink:

Spot on!

It's all for you, Axy, all for you :wink:

U2@NYC said:

Well, Philly is much smaller than New York... :shrug:

DC is twice as large and it got half the shows, so go figure...

Philly definitely is smaller than NYC, but it is certainly not half the size of DC - it's the other way around! Philly is almost 3x the size of DC (Philly=1,479,339 residents, DC=553,523 residents, according to the U.S. census bureau)

svenhoops said:

Philly definitely is smaller than NYC, but it is certainly not half the size of DC - it's the other way around! Philly is almost 3x the size of DC (Philly=1,479,339 residents, DC=553,523 residents, according to the U.S. census bureau)

Sven, you should add the population of Virginia and Maryland who technically do not live inside the DC limits but attend the DC show and the population count will be closer to 3 million.

U2@NYC said:

Sven, you should add the population of Virginia and Maryland who technically do not live inside the DC limits but attend the DC show and the population count will be closer to 3 million.

OK, then you can add South Jersey, Northern Delaware and the Pennsylvania suburbs of Philly which take the population up to 7 million. Trust me, the Philadelphia area is way bigger than the D.C. area (Philly is the 4th largest metro area in the U.S.). I'm not dogging D.C., but Philly is way bigger, thus we get more shows.

svenhoops said:

OK, then you can add South Jersey, Northern Delaware and the Pennsylvania suburbs of Philly which take the population up to 7 million. Trust me, the Philadelphia area is way bigger than the D.C. area (Philly is the 4th largest metro area in the U.S.). I'm not dogging D.C., but Philly is way bigger, thus we get more shows.

:hmm:

Will have to check on that.

Back
Top Bottom