Why no date(s) in North Carolina?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomfoolery

Babyface
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, buy why did North Carolina get screwed for this tour? It seems like every other tour has had at least a Charlotte date--why not this time?

I love that every city in America that didn't get a U2 concert, even though they are playing here about 7 million times this year, got screwed.

U2 hates North Carolina, that's why.

Agreed Thomfoolery. We're driving to MSG to see a show. Sad actually.

cmb737 said:
I love that every city in America that didn't get a U2 concert, even though they are playing here about 7 million times this year, got screwed.

Not sure what to make of this comment. NC, SC, VA, WV, KY, and TN have been shut out of dates. The shows in DC are mid-week. Do you think that's reasonable?

Last edited:
aldamon said:
Agreed Thomfoolery. We're driving to MSG to see a show. Sad actually.

Not sure what to make of this comment. NC, SC, VA, WV, KY, and TN have been shut out of dates. The shows in DC are mid-week. Do you think that's reasonable?

It was sarcasm, the bit about U2 hating North Carolina. I think he was referring to the "screwed" comment, and the sense of entitlement it denotes.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:

ha...

ha...

ha.
I think I've hurt myself laughing. :|
:censored: :censored: :censored:

Annnnnyyyyyy way...........
Granted, I'm biased (being from Wilmington, NC) - but I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask why we didn't get any dates this go 'round. I mean, damn! didn't Charlotte sell out for Elevation? :huh: We would certainly do it again... could probably sell out Charlotte AND Raleigh/Chapel Hill. Sad, but I don't think we'll get the chance to show any NC love to the lads in 2005. :(

having lived in chapel hill for a few years, i sympathize. nc, hell, the whole south (minus atlanta), usually gets passed over on most tours. come on, not everyone in the south is a country-listenin' nascar-lovin' hick!

aldamon said:

How sad, too bad. At least your hemisphere has concerts and you don't have to fly halfway across the fucking world to see your favourite band.

I went to the show in Charlotte last tour amd it was not sold out. They are just trying to play where sold out crwds will see them.

They also showed up late because of the heavy rain and played a truncated show. It was well under 2 hours. I thought they'd come back and give us the show we should have had in 2001.

We would be going to DC but of course the shows are mid-week. My wife's a teacher, so we don't have a lot of flexibility with vacation time. Too bad too. The accoustics at the MCI Center are great IMO. At least they were in 2001.

Back
Top Bottom