Why are Cleveland tickets so tough to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drivemytrabant

War Child
Seems like Cleveland tickets are alot harder to get than other shows have been save the biggies like Chicago and New York. I've been looking for awhile and not had any luck at all. Am I just imagining things?

I agree--it's weird. Maybe everyone wants to go in the hopes that Bono will come out and say "Helloooo Cleeeveland!".

Just kidding. My theory...the tour is wrapping up and people are desperate to squeeze in as many more shows as they can.

Also, Cleveland is on a Saturday, so for those of us in the Midwest, it's feasible to go without taking any more days off of work....

Catlady said:
I agree--it's weird. Maybe everyone wants to go in the hopes that Bono will come out and say "Helloooo Cleeeveland!".
Actually that would be pretty awesome. :) I dunno I got tickets for Elevation with no trouble at all. I have no means to travel out of state so Cleveland is my only option. I'm frankly starting to sweat a bit. But what you are saying makes sense.

1) it's a Saturday show
2) there's only one show there
3) a lot of people who might've held out for a show in Indy, South Bend, or another Ohio city like Columbus or Cincinnati aren't getting those shows so Cleveland is the only option
4) besides Buffalo, the shows before and after Cleveland are nowhere close so people can't pick and choose (as opposed to 4 Chicago shows in a row, etc)
5) for us fans in the Michigan/Indiana/Ohio area, it's our last chance to see U2 on this tour

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
1) it's a Saturday show
2) there's only one show there
3) a lot of people who might've held out for a show in Indy, South Bend, or another Ohio city like Columbus or Cincinnati aren't getting those shows so Cleveland is the only option
4) besides Buffalo, the shows before and after Cleveland are nowhere close so people can't pick and choose (as opposed to 4 Chicago shows in a row, etc)
5) for us fans in the Michigan/Indiana/Ohio area, it's our last chance to see U2 on this tour

exactly.

man i'm glad i got my Cleveland tickets during the presale, otherwise no 3rd leg show for me...

Cleveland is also within fairly easy striking distance (within a day's drive, cheap one hour flight) of much of the lower Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region, with fairly cheap hotels. I was even keeping it in the back of my mind (cheap Continental Airlines weekend specials from Newark/LaGuardia are fairly frequent to there in winter) in case I just had to have one more shot after Boston, but I'm holding out for the 4th leg now. :)

BECAUSE THE BASTARDS DIDN'T PLAY COLUMBUS OR INDY THIS TIME! They definitely would've sold them out this time. It makes me mad, cause columbus and indy are both quick driving distance from my house. I missed Cleveland tickets, so I've had to take mini vacations to see U2 on this tour. Pain in my ass for sure, but worth it.

The_acrobat said:
BECAUSE THE BASTARDS DIDN'T PLAY COLUMBUS OR INDY THIS TIME! They definitely would've sold them out this time. It makes me mad, cause columbus and indy are both quick driving distance from my house. I missed Cleveland tickets, so I've had to take mini vacations to see U2 on this tour. Pain in my ass for sure, but worth it.

Maybe they will play C-bus on the 4th leg--hey I can dream. :(

drivemytrabant said:

Maybe they will play C-bus on the 4th leg--hey I can dream. :(

Yeah, who votes for another Stadium show at the Shoe! Haha. They really should have played one show in Detroit, as tickets for the 2nd night there were a dime a dozen, and played either Indianapolis or Columbus (or both like they did last tour) instead.

I was lucky enough to get a Cleveland GA for $100 from a ticket brokerage firm, of all places, a few months ago. But trying to find a second ticket has been murder, I should have stocked up while I had the chance.

Last edited:
Detroit should have no shows, and I say that as someone from Michigan. Seriously, the Palace sucked! First of all, there's NOTHING out there. The way the GA was handled was one of the worse on the tour. People had to run across a six lane highway through noon traffic just to use a bathroom :rolleyes: I don't ever want to go back there again. I'd rather put more time and money into going somewhere else where you're treated like a human being.

I wish U2 would come over to Grand Rapids instead. There's WAY more to do b/c the arena is actually in a city. Plus, our metro population (1.2 million) is PLENTY enough to support a U2 show. There's thousands of U2 fans at my college alone. Most of the people going to the Detroit shows are from West Michigan anyway. U2 have played in smaller cities and smaller venues on this tour. :shrug:

As for ETS, I can't even load the site at the moment, but I checked a few hours ago and there were no Cleveland GAs available.

Last edited:
something strange is going on with the ets site tonight - check back or call - if you are really wanting the ticket get the hotel room with it (they still have GA packages)

Last edited:
i'm hoping the scarce GAs for Cleveland mean they'll have a big drop at the box office the day of the show--that's what I'm counting on.

:ohmy: you said 4th leg :drool:

As you can see by my sig, I'm part of the masses trying to russell up some Cleveland tickets!

BTW, by 4th leg I mean the Aus/NZ, S, America, Mexico and Japan leg, not more U.S.... :)

As for ETS, I can't even load the site at the moment, but I checked a few hours ago and there were no Cleveland GAs available.

I just noticed that ETS added some GA packages for Portland for $199.

Seems like a bargain for a Portland GA.:ohmy:

I'm glad I got my tickets for Cleveland in the Presale. I wish they would have played Columbus, but they played Pittsburgh and its about the same distance as Indy and the show rocked!!

Just a heads up...I've noticed that ebay seems to have a bunch more Cleveland tickets for sale than usual. GA's are still ridiculous but if you are just looking to be in the house I'd check it out.

Lemonfix said:
Just a heads up...I've noticed that ebay seems to have a bunch more Cleveland tickets for sale than usual. GA's are still ridiculous but if you are just looking to be in the house I'd check it out.

Yeah, I noticed too. I'll keep watching though b/c seats are still going for 2-3 times face value and GAs are totally out of the question for me :(

I barely got tickets ... I was the second person in line for tickets at ticketmaster the day they went on sale. Almost 3/4 of the tickets were gone when I bought mine. It's tough to get tickets to this show.

Just keep watching eBay, hopefully something will come along. This is going to be my first show, so I'm excited. Me and my brother got tickets in the 108 section behind the stage. We wanted to get in the bomb shelter upfront, oh well. It will be good.

I went through Hell to get my General Admission tickets...

Man....it was rough ha!

But he idea of a U2 show changes everything.

I hope to everyone again!

James//

I wish they would play two nights in Cleveland...I don't think they have ever done that! At least I don't remember it...

Back
Top Bottom