Whos Had A Gutfull??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dudester

Babyface
who also is seriously getting pissed off at not hearing anything about the tour postponement??. a lot of people are already incovienianced by this. if its going to be canned why not just come out and say it??

I don't know that it's really worth getting pissed off at. There are so many things beyong our controls anyway so I've given up and let it go long ago....just patiently waiting because it is not worth it for myself to get upset. I sucked it up and paid the $130 change fee for my flight to Hawaii and I suppose I am thankful that's all it cost me. I have, however, wondered about all the money for tickets people paid for long ago.....what is that money doing? Where is it sitting, accruing interest somewhere and who is benefitting from THAT?

I will also say that it would be nice and the politically correct thing for U2's camp to make regular announcements, even if they are that the dates ARE to be rescheduled but due to *insert reason* can't be disclosed as of yet, not to just leave fans hanging like this.

Only one post so far, dudester? Are you really a Newbie or an alter?:eyebrow:

I'm not pissed off, but it would be nice if they made an announcement soon. I'd like to know that they are definitely still coming.

I'm not pissed - would just really like to know what is going on and when I can look forward to a show.....

me! but am understanding of the situation - they better keep their promise. you'd think that it would be courtesy at least for Coppel to come out with some statement ...eg that interest on our $'s is being used for charity etc

U2Smilzz said:
Yeah I agree, wouldnt hurt them to say something, anything.

We would only get what Bono said on enough rope.

We already know the tour is going to be schduled in Novemberish...unless you have already booked a hotel for that March/April dates we have nothing to complain about.

bazza said:
me! but am understanding of the situation - they better keep their promise. you'd think that it would be courtesy at least for Coppel to come out with some statement ...eg that interest on our $'s is being used for charity etc

On the day of the Denton interview, or around about then, Michael Coppel announced, on the tv, that the interest earned on U2 tickets after a particular date would be donated to one of Bonos charities. I can' recall the specific date. It was either the date of the Denton interview or the date the concerts would have been held, or something similar.

Shag On A Rock said:

On the day of the Denton interview, or around about then, Michael Coppel announced, on the tv, that the interest earned on U2 tickets after a particular date would be donated to one of Bonos charities. I can' recall the specific date. It was either the date of the Denton interview or the date the concerts would have been held, or something similar.

That was in the News Ltd (Daily Tele, Herald Sun, Australian etc) article about Coppel meeting Bono. He also said that the fate of the tour would be announced on Tuesday.

It now seems he was refering to Tuesday July 22. :hyper:

Thank you for your remembering, young Timmysan.

I'm completely buggered and my memory is shot. I knew it was mentioned at some point.

July 22nd is not a Tuesday. :mad: It would need to be the 11th or the 18th. I personally would prefer the 4th as thats a couple of days before my birthday.

Unless you meant July 22nd 2008. :hmm:

Shag On A Rock said:
Thank you for your remembering, young Timmysan.

I'm completely buggered and my memory is shot. I knew it was mentioned at some point.

July 22nd is not a Tuesday. :mad: It would need to be the 11th or the 18th. I personally would prefer the 4th as thats a couple of days before my birthday.

Unless you meant July 22nd 2008. :hmm:

2008 is being optimistic. :wink:

Looks like the changing of the daylight saving has mucked up the timezones here again. It must be time for me to head back to Osaka for the winter.

PS I was on a dairy farm near Bowral, NSW, during the changing of the daylight saving and the cows didn't pay the slightest bit of notice. :tsk:

I don't think anyone is getting any benefit from the interests of that money. sure, that's a shitload of cash, but you also have to think the costs of cancelling venues, transporting all the stage and show equipment to Australia and storing it there until the shows actually happen. If anything, the parties involved are lossing a lot of money for this situation.

Cask said:
I don't think anyone is getting any benefit from the interests of that money. sure, that's a shitload of cash, but you also have to think the costs of cancelling venues, transporting all the stage and show equipment to Australia and storing it there until the shows actually happen. If anything, the parties involved are lossing a lot of money for this situation.

Thats U2s problem isn't it? Not the promoters.

PS I'm now in Jakarta :drool:

Shag On A Rock said:

PS I was on a dairy farm near Bowral, NSW, during the changing of the daylight saving and the cows didn't pay the slightest bit of notice. :tsk:

:lol:

Where I am several of the farmers bitch about daylight savings time, saying the cows are bothered. These are farmers who's whole job is farming (as opposed to those who have to do chores and then go off to work), so my question is always, How the hell do the cows know what time it is? :huh:

If the cows are bothered by the farmer feeding (or whatever) them earlier all that farmer has to do is feed them at the same time, no matter what the clock says. Doesn't seem that hard to me. :shrug:

(just wanted to make sure you weren't the thread killer, shag. :wink: )

indra said:

:lol:

Where I am several of the farmers bitch about daylight savings time, saying the cows are bothered. These are farmers who's whole job is farming (as opposed to those who have to do chores and then go off to work), so my question is always, How the hell do the cows know what time it is? :huh:

If the cows are bothered by the farmer feeding (or whatever) them earlier all that farmer has to do is feed them at the same time, no matter what the clock says. Doesn't seem that hard to me. :shrug:

(just wanted to make sure you weren't the thread killer, shag. :wink: )

How peculiar! I'm glad I started this discussion on comparate dairy farming techniques.

I stayed at a full time dairy farm and the farmer simply adjusted his clock, and his schedule. The cows come home at the same (cow) time as they have always done. As daylight savings just ended the farmer reorganised his schedule to start an hour earlier according to the clock (but not the cows). Does that make sense?

It seems to me to be easier to retrain the farmer than the cows.

Ergo, I believe the farmers near Indras house are perhaps less wise than the cows. :wink:

Farmers are upset because they normally have to change their schedules according to the cows. And losing an hour of sleep when you get up at 3AM isn't fun. :happy: I'm so glad I know these things.

milk1.jpg

U2, I know nothing about. But milking cows is another story.

Last edited:
Shag On A Rock said:

Ergo, I believe the farmers near Indras house are perhaps less wise than the cows. :wink:

I think you are correct. :yes:

Shag On A Rock said:
If the udders are full does that mean the cows have had a gutfull? :wink:

<insert that U2 and cows pic here to complete the circle :love: >

And that's a bewdiful image, cows with full udders and U2 :lmao:

I hate to say this, but im gettin kinda tired of waitin. and i know thats not u2s fault (maybe tour promoters, or whatever) but alot of people have holidays to organise and we dont know whether we will be going to hawaii or not...hmm. plus i really just wana know if its going to be cancelled or not.

I don't believe the intention is to cancel the tour. Part of the April U2.com email (from the 12th April 2006) reads:

First up, and most of you will already know this, the band unfortunately had to postpone the final ten dates of the Vertigo Tour. You can read the story here.

Bono rang in to 'The Rock' radio station in New Zealand to explain a little more about the decision and to confirm that they hoped to return towards the end of the year. We've posted the interview for U2.Com subscribers and you can listen in.

Once we get confirmation on revised dates we'll get the news to you straight away.

I take that to mean the tour is still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom