Whos Had A Gutfull??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shag On A Rock said:
PS I was on a dairy farm near Bowral, NSW, during the changing of the daylight saving and the cows didn't pay the slightest bit of notice. :tsk:

Yes, but did the curtains stop fading???????? :huh:

And is ylimeU2 holding a test tube under that udder? Whaddya doing, a pregnancy test????

blueeyedgirl said:

Yes, but did the curtains stop fading???????? :huh:

And is ylimeU2 holding a test tube under that udder? Whaddya doing, a pregnancy test????

:lmao: Pregnancy test!!!

Frankly, this is poor form. One whole month, and not a single word besides a couple of interviews with Mr Untrustworthy himself?

Axver said:
Frankly, this is poor form. One whole month, and not a single word besides a couple of interviews with Mr Untrustworthy himself?

You just cant get mad at bono though!

Yeah...i hate to admit it but i am getting a little freaked out how we have not heard of anything new, we have not heard of how the Edge's family are holding up......*fingers crossed*

It was probably unrealistic on their part to suggest they'd be able to announce rescheduled dates so soon to begin with.

^ probably right.

If he'd kept his mouth shut we'd probably be talking about the 'family illness' and how we hoped everything turns out okay.

But we're annoyed because he 'led' us to believe the new dates were pretty much a done-deal. Even if the organisers have come up against unforeseen circumstances, it's still BAD FORM to keep those lips closed.

Come on Bono...let's us know what the **** is going on.

partygirlvox said:

Can and will. The man is notoriously full of crap. The sound of four men a room? Punk rock from venus? Dates may be out as soon as tomorrow? Give us a break, Bono.

Couldnt agree more. He should have kept his mouth shut...all that crap about being "this close" and "as soon as tomorrow". How can he and their organisation justify saying that and then not saying a word. Its ridiculous.

bono_man said:
Couldnt agree more. He should have kept his mouth shut...all that crap about being "this close" and "as soon as tomorrow". How can he and their organisation justify saying that and then not saying a word. Its ridiculous.

Rock stars are notorious for being the last ones in their organizations to really know what's going on with things like tour dates, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if he was just really out of the loop and was just saying the last thing he'd heard, which was just kind of out-of-date info. I'm just saying I'm sure it wasn't intentional lying.

In the past when they've postponed sows they've announced new dates a lot quicker... In fact on the lovetown tour, they postponed shows twice and played them within a month sometimes weeks of the original dates......

We havent even had an announcement after a month..... It does seem like its taking a long time. Even if they have run into a logistical problem at one or two of the venues why havent they released the details for the other shows...

Whats the big secret?

Does it concern anybody else that the only offical confirmation of november as the month came in the same paragraph from bono about dates being released shortly..... which turned out to be totally false?

As long as the stages are still in auckland and sydney theres hope I guess

partygirlvox said:

Oh yes you can........ I am starting to think he told Andrew Denton that we would get dates fairly shortly so he could just get out of the country in one piece!!!! :) I just want to know so I can look forward to something again......

U2Smilzz said:
In the past when they've postponed sows they've announced new dates a lot quicker... In fact on the lovetown tour, they postponed shows twice and played them within a month sometimes weeks of the original dates......

Great point. The Lovetown Sydney shows originally meant to be held around October 22-25 were rescheduled for November 17-19. The Lovetown Amsterdam shows of December 19-20 were rescheduled in Rotterdam for January 5-10. Bands reschedule venues and dates all the time, and arguably the biggest band in the world should be able to pull it off more swiftly and effectively than some little band at the whim of local promoters and venue owners. But instead, here we are with no news except a blatant lie from a frontman who struggles to tell the truth unless the topic is poverty.

We havent even had an announcement after a month..... It does seem like its taking a long time. Even if they have run into a logistical problem at one or two of the venues why havent they released the details for the other shows...

Even if they want to release all dates at once, or the timing of some shows is dependent on others that have run into conflicts, they could at least issue a press release stating they ARE working on arrangements to come.

Or if they do not know when they will be available to tour due to the condition of the ill family member, they could at least tell us that instead of leaving us with naught but Bono's lies.

fly so high! said:
^ Do you think they are going to cancel?

No, I actually do expect them back. I think what's happening now is just more proof of what I have felt for a while, that U2 is not a particularly fan-friendly band (though they do care about their fanbase; I'm not saying they don't).

Even if they want to release all dates at once, or the timing of some shows is dependent on others that have run into conflicts, they could at least issue a press release stating they ARE working on arrangements to come.

Or if they do not know when they will be available to tour due to the condition of the ill family member, they could at least tell us that instead of leaving us with naught but Bono's lies.

I agree.

Looks like we aren't real close to an announcement yet.

I sent an email to Michael Coppel Presents asking about the dates, and received this:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we still do not have any confirmed dates and nor have I been given an indication of when they will be announced. "

ChargedVT said:
Looks like we aren't real close to an announcement yet.

I sent an email to Michael Coppel Presents asking about the dates, and received this:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we still do not have any confirmed dates and nor have I been given an indication of when they will be announced. "

Fucking hell, that is exactly the same message a friend of mine got about three weeks or so ago!

November is almost 6 months away....Thats still a fairly long period of time to announce everything.

I'm not expecting Anything till August at the latest, well...I'll be in europe then, so i hope they dont actually tour in August.:)

Coppal - pull your finger out mate! you are earning big interest on our $$$$!!! at least tell us something

tantrum.gif

I WANT TO KNOW NOW, I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!!!!!!

its getting irritating because us stupid fans from so damn far away have holidays to plan around these dates..and flights to hawaii/australia etc aren't exactly cheap!
but then as i read someone else saying a while back, you never really can be sure with gigs. especially when they are abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom