“White out” in Boston 12/5?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
There were reports last night that fans held up white paper either during One or at the end of it last night. It sounds like it might not have gone very well.
My questions are:

does anyone know who it was that tried to organize it?

Was there any reaction from the band about it when it happened?

I did see people hold up white paper in the ellipse and that was it. I thought white One signs were going to be on the seat. :shrug: I think Bono pointed but that could have been something else.

Bono did make a comment about it...said it looked beautiful or great or something.

From what I read I was expecting a lot more...the organizers were supposedly gonna get white sheets of paper on every seat, none in my section...basically a ggod percentage of the ellipse had them, those on the outside rail, and a few seated patrons in like sections 21 and 14 and that seemed to be it. Didn't come close to the "white-out" that was aimed for. Pearl Jam's 2003 Albany peace symbol crowd display went much better.

Not sure if this relates to anyhting in this thread but at one point during Sunday night show someone handed Bono a piece of white paper, he looked at it and tore it up! I forget which song was on at that time.

I saw Bono do that, it was a small sign someone was holding, but didn't catch what it said.
Obviously Bono didn't care for the sign.

I think that was the signt that said "do something spontaneous, play something new" or something to that effect and Bono replied with "how's this for spontaneous?" and ripped it

:love: :drool:

There were Zootopians handing out hundreds of One sheets and basically trying to get everyone in the audience to do it, but it didn't work so well evidently :shrug:

Miroslava said:
I think that was the signt that said "do something spontaneous, play something new" or something to that effect and Bono replied with "how's this for spontaneous?" and ripped it

omg I was wondering what that was!! He did NOT look pleased!

:up:

I have some photos of the white papers, it looked nice but not powerful or anything. If Bostonians organized something from themselves I bet it would have worked better.

One01.jpg

No papers but same song :wink:
One02.jpg

I was at the show and I think the "white out" would have gone better if it was done during a song that had brighter lighting. The lighting during one is too dark for the look to have an effect. It was a good effort though, thanks all who were there for another 2 great nights in Boston.

Miroslava said:

buahahahahhaa, what a great sign

i was in the ellipse last night, the middle part of the ellipse held up the white out signs. but after like 30 seconds half of them got put away, and i saw a few on the outside of the ellipse. i couldnt really see in the seats because it was dark and only the cellphones were lighting it up.

Miroslava said:

i wonder if the guy that brought this sign is an interferencer. i want to have his babies :drool:

Back
Top Bottom