where will the band arrive/depart from at ANZ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hey guys, another one of my wonderful ANZ questions....

where are the boys going to arrive and what time do you think they will get there show day?

and what time/where for the rehersals in the days before the show, espech the day prior to the show?

i am very keen, as im sure everyone is, to meet the band so yer.....................

if anyone wants to stick it on that ANZ map flying around, that would be fucking awsome too! :drool:

cheers guys~!
quad

Back in '93 they spent most of the afternoon rehearsing Zooropa songs. Very cool to hear Lemon, DGPFYCC, and DD several times!! Could even see the stage between the stands that year.

But that was ears ago. I wouldn't expect Bono to show up till after the Big Horsey Race that's on that day.

There are 2 vehicle entrances on Kessels Rd.

quadcaster said:
anyone else (like axver...) got any input?

Heh, I've no bloody clue. I'm not all too concerned with where/when the band arrives and departs, except insofar as it affects soundchecks.

If they are staying on the G.Coast while they are rehearsing, I'd suggest the mode of transport will be a helicopter smack into the middle of the field. Can't see them driving up and back each day.

I think it will be next to the main stand, at the stage end. Thats where they came/went at Popmart and most of the activity is happening around there at the moment. Its where that original shot of the stage set-up was taken from. The enterance for there is Kessells Road I think.

It wouldnt be too far from the Gold Coast to ANZ either I dont think. The hotel is at the top of the coast too...Maybe no more than 40 mins or so...

Back
Top Bottom