Where to stay for Auckland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Can't decide if we should stay close to the airport & stadium, or closer to the main district. How easy would it be to get a cab from the main district out to the stadium early in the morning? How long would the ride be?

Any recommendations?

EDIT: D'oh! Mods, please move this to the Tour Dates section. Thanks!

Well, Mt Smart Stadium has some suggestions on their U2 info page, so have a look there for stuff within the area of the stadium: www.mtsmartstadium.co.nz .

There are quite a few backpackers in the main cbd, along Queen St, me and my mates are staying at Queen St Backpackers, looks like a good place and they aren't raising their rates for U2, unlike some other places!

I was just reconfirming my reservation at the Quality Inn Manukau and found they had NO record of it. So I had to quickly find something else. It took a lot of searching because a number of places are fully booked for the concert weekend.
So, get a booking soon!

Mark

ramblin rose said:
Thanks for that link, has some great info!

No worries :D.

A lot of places will be fully booked, like kramwest1 said, I think having a look around for some backpackers may be a good idea, not the fanciest (i.e. shared facilities) accommodation but relatively cheap!.

MacHat said:

No worries :D.

A lot of places will be fully booked, like kramwest1 said, I think having a look around for some backpackers may be a good idea, not the fanciest (i.e. shared facilities) accommodation but relatively cheap!.

Oh, I've had my hotel reserved since the day the new dates were announced. I'm not a wait until the last minute type of person.:wink:

The link also had some great info on mass transit, sightseeing stuff!

Thats no fun! :wink:

I flew out to the first show with nothing more than that flight and my first hotel booked. Somehow in all the "spontaneity" I ended up in Sydney and scored two extra shows :D

I think Auckland is gonna be my first adult backpackers experience... Do they bite?

Well I spent a couple of nights at Base Backpackers in Auckland, was amazed how nice it was - better than the hotels I've been staying in!!

Now I'm trying to work out whether I should shell out for SkyCity on the basis it's "New Zealand's finest 5 star hotel" and therefore might score me an intimate elevator encounter :drool: or hit another backpackers. Everything in between seems to be booked out.

If anyone else still needs accomm I recommend getting it ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom