What is the name of the first song played over the PA after U2 left the stage in HI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
Cool tune, anyone remember what it is or who it's from? Sounds like something from DCfC or Gomez.

I have a videoclip I shot as the lights went up and everyone was heading out (Maddy and Lila are in it), and that song is playing in the background. (The file is too large to upload, I'll work on a way to shrink it below 100mb).

I know it's not an Arcade Fire song, I don't think. It better not be.

Last edited:
coolian2 said:
It was Streets of Your Town by the Go Betweens for at least the AU/NZ part of the leg.

Aww...that's a cool song. Grant McLennan died this past May. I wonder if that was in tribute to him.

coolian2 said:

I actually can't stop listening to it.

I assume its a tribute to him, Bono snippeted it twice in Brisbane :drool:

When I read your first post I had to take a listen to it myself. :)

Now I'm listening to his Horsebreaker Star cd. I love that album. Sadly other than the Jack Frost project, I got into much of his work after his death.

Even though I wasn't a huge fan at the time, I was heartbroken when he died. He just seemed like a genuinely nice guy and still had so much life left to live. :sad:

Right on, thanks coolian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XDmasbARtE&mode=related&search=

Sepia-toned video, like "Pride". How come I never heard this back in 1988? I guess I was still listening to The Joshua Tree over and over again.

"Streets Of Your Town" is a very poignant song for me, now... not only reminding me of the aftermath of four awesome U2 shows (Tokyo and Hawaii), but now with the knowledge that McLennan passed away this year, very sad.

According to the YouTube comments, Grant and the girl, Amanda, were a couple? Damn, where's the kleenex :sad:

Last edited:
coolian2 said:

I actually can't stop listening to it.

I assume its a tribute to him, Bono snippeted it twice in Brisbane :drool:

well thats cause he was from brisbane ;)

Back
Top Bottom