What do you guys think about 11/22 NYC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbradfly1

Acrobat
Is it one of these shows that we build up and it turns out to be pretty average? Or the opposite?... being the final NYC show and I think it's the anniversary of Brooklyn Bridge and the Atomic release. Just an idle question.

Damn, I want tix for that show! I'll see them on the 21st & I'm running all kinds of schemes through my head to come up with a way to convince Mr. Blu to let me hit the Tuesday show as well! :yes: After all, what good's a vacation if you can't just go completely wild???? :shrug: :D

BluRmGrl said:
Damn, I want tix for that show! I'll see them on the 21st & I'm running all kinds of schemes through my head to come up with a way to convince Mr. Blu to let me hit the Tuesday show as well! :yes: After all, what good's a vacation if you can't just go completely wild???? :shrug: :D

Go for it!!! :D

My final Vertigo show, too. I'm also hoping for a blow-out setlist, but I don't think we can count on it. I didn't know about the Hutchence anniversary, but you're right -- that means we'll probably get Stuck, possibly as part of the slow 1st encore (meaning 11/21 might get the Zoo TV one).

One other prediction -- 11/22 will close with Bad, that just may include Patti Smith (the opener) singing the "People Have the Power" tag.

my last vertigo show as well... will be behind the stage.

it is the year anniversary of the brooklyn bridge concert, as well as the world wide release of how to dismantle an atomic bomb... plus the last show at madison square garden... plus the anniversary of the death of michael hutchence...

yea... i don't wanna miss this one.

will it be one of those ones that gets built up before hand adn then falls short, like the may MSG show? maybe... but i don't wanna miss it either way.

The October run was really great so I'm sorta going with the tack that the November run will just be average, then again it is the last stand in NY so I do hope to be pleasantly surprised... :D

I think that they'll do special stuff. Yea, it's my final Vertigo concert too. I can't believe I got tickets- it was such a chance event- a random 6 AM check of Ticketmaster. I'm soooooooooooooo excited!!!

I am travelling from the UK for the 2 shows for my first trip to NYC - so for me it will be just great!!!!!!

I love Stuck in a Moment too so let's hope they play it!!!

Hey U2Girl, how long ago was your random 6:00 pull off ticketmaster? How are your seats?

I am praying I can finally hear Gloria! I'm hoping for an exciting setlist I can't wait :hyper: 9 Days! :dancing:

Upon my second read of this thread, I expect to see Noah's Ark... again. :|

As to the 11/22 show, I expect... Larry joining Patti Smith for a song or two during Smith's set. Gloria, Stuck in a Moment, Bad closing (with Smith coming on stage to sing the "People have the Power" snippet), Mysterious Ways, End of the World, Fast Cars (if they do, I swear I'm calling Ramblin Rose!), Out of Control, Crumbs, Wild Horses, and a fan playing a song on guitar (hopefully me! :wink:).

But even 50 isn't so bad. Considering it's going to be the end of November, it really could have been a lot worse, weather-wise for the GA folks! I'm kind of up in the air w/ what to wear though. Obviously I don't want to be freezing in line, but I also don't want to cart a sweatshirt/jacket around the floor with me. My apartment isn't exactly close to MSG either, so I don't know if running stuff back around 5 or so would really be an option either.

I'm going on the 21st, and I have a feeling I'm going to be very, very bummed that I'm going then and missing out on the 22nd. I would tend to think that Patti'll make an appearance at some point on the 22nd. Either singing People Have the Power (or Dancing Barefoot perhaps?!...yeah right) Hmm...how about Bad w/ Patti singing PHTP BOTH nights!?! Sounds good to moi!

Yup, doesn't seem like there's a lot of love for 11/21 (the one I'm going to). :| I think both nights will be special though because of Patti Smith. There's no doubt that the band's really looking forward to those two dates because of her.

I really hope 11/21 is special, and I'm sure it will be for me if for no other reason than it's my first/only show w/ GA. I would love to be at the Tuesday show, since it's the year anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge show (my first time seeing U2 live after being a fan for as long as I can remember) as well as the last NYC show. Alas, I have class Tuesday night, and even though I could have hauled my ass up there in time for U2 (pissing Patti) if I could have snagged a ticket, I think I should just quit while I'm ahead w/ my Monday GA.

It certainly would be nice if they pulled out Bad for both shows like they did in Chicago this leg. I was lucky enough to hear it once, but I'd LOVE to hear it again. Anything else would just be icing on the cake.

chilly said:
Hey U2Girl, how long ago was your random 6:00 pull off ticketmaster? How are your seats?

It was in September and i only got 1 seat- section 311. I got my other one, which is more to the side but closer to the stage, from some guy on Interference.

What's Patti Smith like?

Hi
A friend and I going from Mexico to the 21st in seats and 22nd G.A.
Should be a very special night for all the aniversary events of that date.... I'm expecting BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you there!!

I'm going to both and if they simply repeated the Miami 1 and 2 setlists on 11/21 and 22, or hell, just Miami 2 on one of the two nights (NYC hasn't gotten UTEOTW or Walk On yet) I would be a happy camper. :)

Back
Top Bottom