Want Milan details...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
1. How did the crowd react to The Electric Co.?

2. How were the lyrics this time around, did Bono remember all the lyrics right? No flubs

3. Is there any crowd interaction such as bringing people on stage?

4. Are there any bad songs from the show, or not well received songs?

Any other details are welcomed

theu2fly said:

2. How were the lyrics this time around, did Bono remember all the lyrics right? No flubs

1. We went crazy as Electric Co started, people in front of the stage began dancing from the first notes and did sing the chorus in unison. I was in the first rows, and I can tell you that I've seen really many many faces going wild happy as this song began!

2. Bono was on good form with his memory, but you know how he always is........:wink: but he sang the songs remembering the lyrics well.

3. He brought, as usual, a girl on stage during All I Want Is You, dancing with her, and near the end of the concert he wore a London Underground Blue Shirt remebering the victims of the bombing which happened in those days.

4. When they played Elevation, the crowd started with the "who-hoo's", with the particular that we didn't want to end and went on singin "who-hoo" for a quite long time. Bono just wasn't able to start singing, and after the 20th "who-hoo", he went, smiling: "Ok, it's alright with the Chorus, it's alright!" and then he started finally singing!
As Beautiful day started, there was first a problem with the initial base of the song, then Bono started the song in a wrong tonality. The band went on, he stopped singing, and smiling he asked for sorry to each of the guys turning around himself lifting up his hand. Then he got into the right tonality glancing at the crowd, it was a very funny and amusing moment!

For the rest, all the songs were really very very well received, we were all very hot that night and everyone of the band really enjoyed the concert. It was a flood, were each of us and each of them were just put tight together. The beauty of the stadium then, was an incredible frame to everything

Be impatient for the dvd release, it's gonna be probably the best U2 live video that you have ever seen.

:yes:

Last edited:
theu2fly said:

1. I must say, the Italian crowd is the wildest I've seen. Since I was GA and I was right up along Edge's catwalk, I didn't get to see the whole crowd that much unless I'd turn around, but the bomb shelter went crazy during I Will Follow, The Electric Co. and New Year's Day in particular.

2. Special-written verse for Italy during Beautiful Day. During Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bono sings "Father Abraham" once before singing "Jesus, jew, Mohammed, etc." and it's meant to come after that part. In the first Vertigo it seems like he misses a lyric but as a reaction he sort of whispers the second verse. Sound very cool on the bootleg.

3. Bono puts on a "London Underground" t-shirt handed to him by a member of the crowd during Sunday Bloody Sunday. I can't remember which song, New Year's Day I think, another one gives him a Polish flag that he puts on one of the speakers in front of him. He also puts the Union Jack on the microphone stand during Bullet The Blue Sky (I think it was that song anyway). A girl is brought up during All I Want Is You.

4. I don't think there was one not well-received song. On the contrary, this was the best received With Or Without You I've ever experienced, seen or heard of. Same goes for New Year's Day, the crowd was singing Edge's piano parts. And so was I ;)

Additional points: There were intro messups in both Beautiful Day and City Of Blinding Lights. Otherwise, performance-wise, it was one heck of a show. Best I Will Follow I have ever heard. Look forward to it ;)

theu2fly said:
How did they react to "All Because Of You"

It wasn't on par with Vertigo or New Year's Day, but it was up there. Very pushy girl behind me :|

Back
Top Bottom