UK 10.30 curfew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyBoy

The Fly
I'm just curious about the 10.30 curfew in the UK.

I'm seeing Oasis at the same stadium as U2 in manchester but the man city website says Oasis have an 11pm curfew.

Does anyone know why this wasn't so for U2?

Perhaps Oasis are playing at the weekend.
There may be a later curfew for that reason.

Their thursday show has also got a curfew of 11pm and U2 had to be off at Twickenham by 10.30 on the Saturday.

I can't see Oasis being on till 11pm though - they only normally do 90 minute sets.

It just would have been nice if U2 could have started a bit later so it was darker for the big screen.

Ah well, it's too late now and not worth being annoyed about.

I just hope they do a 4th leg in europe with arenas (wishfull thinking I know!)

the second manchester cerfew was extended until 11pm..... possibly after bono mentioned it several times during the first show that he wanted it extending,

so maybe they have just kept all cerfews at 11pm from now on, U2 was the first major concert at that stadium

Apart from London, I'd don't think the band took too much notice of the curfews anyway...........certainly not at Man 1&2 and Glasgow which all ran late.

JohnnyBoy said:
Their thursday show has also got a curfew of 11pm and U2 had to be off at Twickenham by 10.30 on the Saturday.

I can't see Oasis being on till 11pm though - they only normally do 90 minute sets.

It just would have been nice if U2 could have started a bit later so it was darker for the big screen.

Ah well, it's too late now and not worth being annoyed about.

I just hope they do a 4th leg in europe with arenas (wishfull thinking I know!)
I suppose it is just wishful thinking but an arena tour would be fantastic

Reading Willies diary on u2.com tells us that if they would have broken the curfew at Twickers they would have been forced to cancel the second show there.

yeah Glasgow finished at approximately 11 pm so they went past their curfew there, what a lot of crock having to stop a show. Right enough they were late starting in Glasgow!

Back
Top Bottom