U2's Hotels in Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeentertainer

The Fly
Just curious to know if anyone can remember which hotels u2 stayed in Australia for the Popmart tour, or has any idea where they might be staying this time. My kids would love to get an autograph or photo.

if it is not allowed to post such info in this forum i have put my email below.

thanks in advance

leeandjason@optusnet.com.au

no need for that kind of reply, just trying to meet the band with my kids

Last edited:
edgeentertainer said:
no need for that kind of reply, just trying to meet the band with my kids

chill...

one thing you need to learn about this place....you never get a straight answer!!

:)

brownda7 said:
In 1989 they stayed at the ANA (I think)

I'll give Mr Serious the proper answer...

Quay West for both Zoo and Pop, which is right next door to the ANA (now called the Shangri-La).

they stayed in coolum on the sunnie coast last time they came to brisbane in 1998. wouldnt be suprised if they just fly in and out on the day of the show though. seems to be the way these days. i'd like them to stay here tho! brisbane is a different city from when they last stayed here in 1993.

also, i really want to stalk them! :wink:

They stayed at the Hyatt hotel during their 1993 Adelaide Zoo Tv concert. I know because somebody I know was standing in the elevator, and looked to her right, and saw who else but Bono! She got the shock of her life.

Bono, outside his Sydney Hotel during Zoo, (Sunday Telegraph 28 November 1993).

signing.jpg

Hey I was there! Well to be accurate I was on the edge of the very large group and I have a lovely picture of the top of Bono's head. :(

Actually Bono looks that pissed off cos as soon as he stepped out of the hotel everyone rushed him and screamed their lungs out. I was ready to slap them all with my copy of "The U2 File" (which I never got autographed :mad: )

Happily I did see the band the morning they left Sydney and I got a wave from Bono as the car sped out of the hotel. You take what you can get! :wink:

I saw Bono purely by accident after the Popmart show. Blind drunk, leaving the Slip Inn. Bono that is. I was blind drunk entering the Slip Inn.

If you were both blind drunk, how do you know it was Bono and not Elvis???? And for that matter, how do you know it was you anyway???????

Down Under said:

Also, the Australian cricket team stays there when in town.

I think a few of the Aussie players are fans too, but they will be long gone in South Africa when the tour rolls round. :wave:

I know for sure there are a lot of NZ'ers who are big fans and I'm sure any injuries that prevent Messers McCullum, Vincent, Oram and Franklin from playing in the 17-21 March Test vs West Indies @ Wellington will have a silver lining. :)

Earnie Shavers said:

I'll give Mr Serious the proper answer...

Quay West for both Zoo and Pop, which is right next door to the ANA (now called the Shangri-La).

Randomly, I had my Year 12 formal (also known as 'prom' for the Americans) at the Shangri-La. It's really pretty. :)

Back
Top Bottom