U2 touring in North America in 2006!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sanchez

War Child
I emailed Northlands, here in Edmonton, and asked them about if U2 were coming here in the fall since the Stones weren't. The guy emailed me back with the following:

They are considering us for the Spring, 2006.

I emaild him back asking for any more info here, if I get any. Maybe U2 will tour a couple of places in North America before heading off to Australia, as rumored.

I find this to be amazing but at the same time, hard to believe. Maybe after Australia. u2 come to Winnipeg.

Sanchez said:

Interesting...most interesting. Wonder how that would affect the possibility of any further Canadian dates on the third leg. But if there is the chance to have a further leg in 2006 then I won't mind waiting.

Somehow i dont think there will another u.s leg in the spring.
If there is,they better come to texas!

no it doesn't and here is exactly what was said:

Gerry Stoll
As for the Stones the promoters believe that Edmonton would not be able to afford the 5,000+ tickets at $400.

U2FanPeter said:
Has Australia been officially confirmed - with onsale dates?

u2FP

No. Were still waiting and wishing and hoping they will come to Australia.

If this rumour is correct, and U2 play North America in the northern hemisphere spring before heading to Australia that would mean the Australian dates would be played in winter. In stadiums. In the rain? I would doubt it.

Sanchez said:
wow. really? wow. if that happens, it would be fantastic.

*crosses fingers*

Wow, this would be great. So Leg 4 would be Australia/Asia, and then they'd come back to the US for Leg 5 in late spring? That would be great, as it would give me some time to recover from this year's shows.

However, I'll believe it when I see it. I've gotten the impression that certain members of the band are starting to feel old, and don't seem to want to permanently be on the road anymore, preferring to stay home with their family instead. Extending the tour deep into 2006 would really seem to shoot that theory right out the window.

This seems fictious I'm going to email the Edmonton person myself. Sanchez can you hook me up with his email?

well, Bono's already promised Mexico some shows, and I can't imagine them heading to Mexico and not also touring in South America. So maybe they could catch some Canadian shows while they're in the same, umm, hemisphere:eyebrow: , but I sort of doubt it. Not that I know anything about touring...I just really hope you Aussies and Latin Americans get some shows

These dates may not be announced until XMAS. Likely to be an early summer US stadium shows.

It depends on how much u2 want to tour and if they want to hold any records - 2 dozen stadium shows could put them in position for biggest tour of all time.

U2FP

I got the same reply for Garry Stoll. He said that there are some discussions for spring next year.

I m thinking that it has to be in arenas because Stoll is only incharge of Rexall place and not the edmonton Stadium or whatever its called.

If u2 is going to do this. COME TO WINNIPEG!!!!!!!

Its never been called a World Tour. Its called Vertigo 2005. I have always hoped that that means there will be a Vertiigo 2006 that will hopefully play the southern hemisphere. We can but hope.

Do any official U2 documents give a 2006 date? Does the tour booklet say "2005-06"?

Also, there is no indication of stadium shows in north america, yet.

u2fp

i read something recently with a paul mcguisness interview that if there is enough demand u2 might have to come back in the new year.

beli said:
Its never been called a World Tour. Its called Vertigo 2005. I have always hoped that that means there will be a Vertiigo 2006 that will hopefully play the southern hemisphere. We can but hope.

From U2.com

Scoop! They're Coming Back in the Fall

The band are set to announce tomorrow that they are adding 33 more dates to their 'Vertigo//2005' World Tour.

Beginning in Toronto on September 12, the tour will continue into December finishing in Portland on the 19th.

With the first show in San Diego just weeks away, U2 are set to be on the road just about non-stop until the end of the year.

And we can reveal that on this third leg of Vertigo 2005, they will play 3 shows at Madison Square Garden and 2 shows in Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Boston.

As well as this, new dates have been confirmed in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Washington, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Ottawa, Montreal, Hartford, Buffalo, Cleveland, St. Louis, Omaha, Salt Lake City and Portland.

"We're really looking forward to this tour," said manager Paul McGuinness. "The show looks and sounds fantastic, its going to be a great year".

To see the complete list of new dates and cities in North America this Autumn, click here

Tickets for all additional performances will go on sale in the next few weeks. General admission floor tickets remain $49.50 (plus applicable service fees) and are limited to 2 per person. Additional reserved seat tickets prices vary according to market. There is an 8 ticket limit per person with a maximum purchase of 2 general admission floor tickets.

Back
Top Bottom