u2 to play another concert in Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akann

Acrobat
You heard it here first all you sydney fans out there. I have it on very good authority that they will be adding on another show at telstra. It's going to be on the day before the show on the 31st if that makes sense....

Good news.... not that we didn't expect there to be a 2nd show in Sydney... but still good news.

I expect there will be a 2nd show in Melbourne as well.

The real question is will they be able to do 2 stadium shows in Auckland???

i hope so, cause the tickets for sydney are already sold out, like an hour after they went on sale....
and i.... i missed out, and i am balling my eyes out...
so i hope there is another concert

jessi-ma-ca said:
i hope so, cause the tickets for sydney are already sold out, like an hour after they went on sale....

Don't worry, the 2nd show is pretty much definite now! You'll get tix for the 30th, so smile :)

jessi-ma-ca said:

I got my 8 GA tickets this morning...Ticketek in Bondi Junction is the place to be. I got there at 8 last night and was first in line. The city outlets were already jammed packed at this stage....try Bondi for the 2nd show.

akann said:

I got my 8 GA tickets this morning...Ticketek in Bondi Junction is the place to be. I got there at 8 last night and was first in line. The city outlets were already jammed packed at this stage....try Bondi for the 2nd show.

8pm... oh my god are you serious.... i think im going to die...
so at that time all the sity outlets were already jammed???

where and how do you think is the best way to get tickets?

jessi-ma-ca said:

8pm... oh my god are you serious.... i think im going to die...
so at that time all the sity outlets were already jammed???

where and how do you think is the best way to get tickets?

This is the best way, forget the internet or phone. I was dreading it as well at first but I had a brilliant time with all the Irish u2 fans at Bondi. It was great and the time just flew. Trust me, 8 pm is not that bad at all. The city had queues of over a hundred people at 6 in the afternoon.

is there anywhere to queue at chatswood?
all the newsagences and stuff listed on ticketek, can you buy tickets from there?

jessi-ma-ca said:
is there anywhere to queue at chatswood?
all the newsagences and stuff listed on ticketek, can you buy tickets from there?

Yes, the newsagent at Chatswood is a good one. I friend of mine went there at 7am this morning and was 20th in line. Got GA's no problem.

Don't worry, the second Sydney show will not be anywhere near as manic. I think it will be initialy, but it certainly won't sell out anywhere near as fast. To be 110% sure, head down to that Chatswood newsagent at about 6am and there'd be absolutely no way you'd miss out. I wouldn't be crying! There's 90,000 tickets yet to sell!

don't know about chatswood. As far as I know, the actual ticketek outlets are the only source. I live in Quakers Hill and I drove to bondi Junction because the balcktown outlet had about 30 people waiting already. You can call up the various outlets and ask the about the queues at their respective locations. Unfortunately. you're going to have to get in early if you want tickets. The Irish lads that I met were telling me about the sales in Ireland, and how you had to line up for two days to have any hope!! Trust me, it goes a lot quicker than you would imagine.

Earnie Shavers said:
I wouldn't be crying! There's 90,000 tickets yet to sell!

thanks! im still really upset... im sure your right
there has to be another concert in syd
but im not sure if that is a statement of sheer desperation, or of fact

akann said:
don't know about chatswood. As far as I know, the actual ticketek outlets are the only source. I live in Quakers Hill and I drove to bondi Junction because the balcktown outlet had about 30 people waiting already. You can call up the various outlets and ask the about the queues at their respective locations. Unfortunately. you're going to have to get in early if you want tickets. The Irish lads that I met were telling me about the sales in Ireland, and how you had to line up for two days to have any hope!! Trust me, it goes a lot quicker than you would imagine.

No, Chatswood is fine, it's definately a registered Ticketek outlet. It's the Nextra Newsagency, the full address is on the Ticketek site.

Yes, the newsagent at Chatswood is a good one. I friend of mine went there at 7am this morning and was 20th in line. Got GA's no problem.

20 ppl at Chatswood at 7am? Damn!!! I was at Castle Hill at 3am and I was about 60th in line! I mean, I got my tickets, but still.....I know where I'll be going next time!

Yep. He said the line was about 20 long, only as long as the front of the store from end to end, but by the time the tickets were on sale it was several hundred long. I'd imagine at least half missed out.

My prediction though is that for the second show, todays experience will shake a lot of those who missed out away from the net/phone and into a line. The demand at a place like the city won't be as bad, but the suburbans will probably get an increased hit.

i think so too... its logic... and by the sounds of things the suburbs will be hit hard.
there is no way i would bother with the city., the queues just sounded too huge

U2.com's reporting the second Melbourne, Sydney, and Auckland dates all go on sale at 9am local time on the 12th, next Monday.

Back
Top Bottom