u2 stage up on Phoenix seat chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1...artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

image:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/mtn/12804s.gif

stage.gif

interesting!! It sure seems like there won't be a "heart" this time around if that entire oval is indeed the stage and not part of the GA area. I dig the long ramp that leads all the way to the b-stage in the back.

Interesting. So is this a combination of the Elevation and Zoo TV stage? An oval main stage with an inside area like the heart, but with a catwalk out to a b-stage at the back of the arena? Or is that the soundboard area?

looks like the same catwalk, and at the back they'll do some stuff like they did the acoustic before at the back in the stadiums. I like the fact the front of the stage goes out so far, and that there is lots of room for the GA's to get up at the stage. Please don't flame, but you know who had a stage like this, Britney, it was one of the best stages I ever saw for an arena, because the "show" went down the whole stage from the front to the back of the arena during each song (so she could lip sync all the way to the back).

or will GA people be able to get in those circular areas? That would be kind of strange tho.

Last edited:
discothequeLP said:
i've always wondered if u2 would ever make a b-stage that extended all the way across the arena. . . :up:
But is it really a b-stage or just the soundboard area?:hmm: And doesn't that main stage seem awefully large if there isn't some GA area inside?

Here's what I think..........

that long strip is where Bono will run out during "Streets" along with a few other tracks....

the little box next to that long strip is where the acoustic performance will probably be.....it'll give the fans in the back a chance to see the band up close....

the entire strip around the oval is an area that bono, the edge, whoever, will be able to run around on.....the inside is where the fans will all be.......

the little circular thing (with circles inside of it) is the main stage......I believe it will also be able to rotate, which will probably be used for "Vertigo")....

Awesome.

With several (or more) songs from the B stage the "bad" end of the arena will be a nice to place to be.

Looking at it from GA (I can dream) it is not quite as compelling to be at the equivalent of the tip of the heart or even inside the egg (though that will still be choice #1). There is no tip or end - catwalk instead - and inside the egg you will be in a poor position for B stage. I imagine some folks outside egg will gravitate back and forth a bit - but if you do - you loose your front row place. Hanging back a bit might be a good plan. This floor design shares the GA more evenly for all to see as well as benefiting reserved seating.

This shares the floor more evenly - "Fairness" the exact thing hundreds here have been shouting for.

Great job U2.

David

I believe the T and the A in the word "Stage" is where the Ticketmaster rep gets a collective A** whuppin' from fans tired of dealing with this mess.

In all seriousness, this looks the 'heart' and a B-stage on steroids --- very cool. By the sheer size of things, it might have the impact of reducing the demand for coveted 'inside the heart' equivalent positioning... with more rail space might some fans opt to ride the bigger rail and catch a close up glimpse of the band as they wander?

arizzzona said:
Awesome.

With several (or more) songs from the B stage the "bad" end of the arena will be a nice to place to be.

Looking at it from GA (I can dream) it is not quite as compelling to be at the equivalent of the tip of the heart or even inside the egg (though that will still be choice #1). There is no tip or end - catwalk instead - and inside the egg you will be in a poor position for B stage. I imagine some folks outside egg will gravitate back and forth a bit - but if you do - you loose your front row place. Hanging back a bit might be a good plan. This floor design shares the GA more evenly for all to see as well as benefiting reserved seating.

This shares the floor more evenly - "Fairness" the exact thing hundreds here have been shouting for.

Great job U2.

David
Exactly. Where do you go when you're first in the arena? How much time are U2 going to be spending on the "Vertigo Stage" and how much time will they be wandering around the rest? Less time on the stage than Elevation, it's looking like. Then again, it might be basically the same, except moving the acoustic to the B Stage rather than the heart tip. So basically, I'm just repeating everyone. ;)

Looks intriguing though. Better than simply the oval, but I kinda was expecting more, maybe, than simply combining two things they've already done. Then again, I haven't seen it in action yet, so I'll keep my mouth shut. :wink:

Opening night would rock, but attending the later shows will be nice bc we will know these answers when its our time to see them.

jammin909 said:
Opening night would rock, but attending the later shows will be nice bc we will know these answers when its our time to see them.

Indeed. I have San Diego GAs, but it will be a crazy night, because everything will be new. What will the band wear? What songs are played? How does the new material sound? Which are the best seats? How does the GA line work? ...Can't wait, though! :)

Back
Top Bottom