u2 seating - madison square garden, ny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2jamsbrooklyn

Babyface
hi there. i have a question and i am hoping those of you out there can help. i have tix to 2 of the following u2 at msg in ny shows. i can only attend one of the shows, but i am not sure which of the two has the better seats. being that u2 has the ellipse, it makes it harder to tell which seats are better. also, i am not sure if the back of the stage is closed, or it is all open. i have listed my tickets below, but only because i am looking for advice. any help would really be appreciated it. please e-mail me back at

young.sebastian@gmail.com

Section 310, Row K, seats 7-8
Section 330, Row H, seats 1-4

hi, thanks for the quick response. i have checked the layout at msg's website. but, it is difficult to tell only because u2 has a special layout with the ellipse, and then of course there are the monitors. any insight would be great.

Tough call on this one...330 gives you a closer view but you won't get much of the effect of the light curtains. Won't see the front monitors but they have a side monitor you can see. 310 is farther away but you will get the light curtain effects better and should be able to see the front monitors.

I guess it boils down to whether you are entirely band focused (take the 330) or want to experience the fuller production (take the 310). My own preference would be the 330 tix I guess.

Pop Artist said:
Tough call on this one...330 gives you a closer view but you won't get much of the effect of the light curtains. Won't see the front monitors but they have a side monitor you can see. 310 is farther away but you will get the light curtain effects better and should be able to see the front monitors.

I guess it boils down to whether you are entirely band focused (take the 330) or want to experience the fuller production (take the 310). My own preference would be the 330 tix I guess.

thats a really good response. i have tickets in 330 as well. from an experience from sec 119 (just two levels down from 330, thus still a side view) at a coldplay concert, i couldnt see any of their monitors since they only had one. i think since u2 does have side monitors, being close to the band would be nicer.

Back
Top Bottom